eight

[[congratulations, you've made it thus far. this is your smut warning. if you don't wanna read it all you have to do is skip this chapter and be on your merry way. here you go babes.]]

They had gotten to this point before, Lauren was well aware. They'd been together for over three years but they had yet to do what some people considered to be one of the most important parts of a relationship.

Sure, they'd gotten close. Many times, actually. Things would get heated, but then one of them would always stop it before they could go any further. Nine out of ten times, it was Lauren.

It wasn't that she didn't want to. Of course she did. She was head over heels in love for Camila and she knew nothing could change that. But she was also scared.

Not scared for her own sake, but for Camila's. She had grown immensely over the years in terms of her recovery. Her problems with speech were hardly noticeable and she was incredibly more aware than she had been at the start. But Lauren always found herself remembering the scared girl that had shown up at the apartment, dead set on getting a bed and finding her friends. And Lauren always second guessed herself, wondering if she was ready.

But there was something different about tonight. Lauren couldn't explain it if she tried. It just was. As if a mutual understanding had washed over them both.

"Are you okay?" Lauren asked, catching her breath once they pulled away from the kiss.

Camila nodded, her hair falling in front of her face and her eyes wide. She felt something different. It wasn't the bad kind of different, either. It was a new different, an exciting different. As her chest rose and fell, she let her eyes trace over the girl next to her.

"What?" Lauren laughed nervously when she felt Camila's eyes on her. The small girl bit her lip and let her hair fall down in front of her face.

"Ethereal," Camila breathed out. "That is what you are." She nodded softly, sitting up all the way and holding her torso up with one of her hands pressed into the mattress.

"C-camila... I..." Lauren choked on her own words when the smaller girl reached out and laced their fingers together. "You... are you...?"

"I am sure," Camila laughed softly, shaking her hair out of her face so she could better see Lauren in the dimly lit room. "I know. I am ready," the small girl nodded.

By now, Lauren's heart was pounding so hard that she swore Camila could hear it if she wasn't breathing so heavily. She studied her girlfriend's face to try and find any sign of hesitation. In reality, Lauren was the more hesitant one. She'd never done anything like this before. She didn't want to mess anything up.

"Are you sure you're s-?"

Before Lauren could finish her sentence, Camila had closed the gap between them to cup Lauren's cheeks and pull her in for another kiss. It was deeper this time, more needy.

Lauren felt her breath practically vanish the minute Camila's lips met hers. Suddenly, Camila was crawling on top of her, moving her hands away from Lauren's face so she could keep herself upright.

"I want this," Camila breathed the minute the kiss pulled away. She saw the look of shock on Lauren's face and grew nervous. "Is... is this okay?" she whispered, looking into Lauren's eyes worriedly.

"I... y-yeah," Lauren nodded, still recovering from the shock. "Is it okay with you?" she asked. The green eyed girl reached up so she could brush Camila's hair out of her face and behind her shoulder.

"Yeah," Camila nodded with a nervous laugh, looking down at the girl underneath her. A sudden realization washed over her and she bit her lip, eyes flickering up to meet Lauren's. "I... I do not know what to do..." she whispered.