Chapter eighteen

Who do I see? None other than General Logan. I can't tell whether I'm mad or glad to see him. I'm kinda pissed that he just left. I want to know about Hassan. I want to know what happened and if he killed him or not.

Nonetheless, I need to be respectful. He is my general after all. So with that being said, I try my best to straighten up. The only thing though is that with this bandage I'm as stiff as a log. I hide my pain, well enough that my family doesn't see, but I know that he can.

"It's ok. No need to straighten up. I was hoping that we could talk," General says. I nod my head. "I was thinking somewhere private," he adds.

"Here, you two can go into my office," Felix says, pointing the way to his office.

I lead the general in the direction of the office. We walk into the smell of books and cologne. I point towards the black leather couch for him to sit on. Once he's seated I sit across the couch in a matching fine leather chair. The only thing separating us is a little oak wooden coffee table.

"How are you doing?" The general asks.

"Fine," I respond. Why is he here? Is he gonna talk about Hassan? Did he kill him? We sit there for a moment in silence. I watch as General Logan gathers his thoughts.

"Look, I'm sorry that I left. Seeing you in that state and condition again. It brought back memories I wanted to forget." To be honest, I don't really care any more. All I care about now is Hassan. But seeing by his tone and posture, he didn't kill him. Not only that but I can vaguely remember what had happened.

"Why didn't you kill him?" I ask. I can tell that he is taken off guard with this question.

"Wha-what do you mean?" He stammers.

"Hassan. Why didn't you kill him? I remember you carrying me away and seeing him. You should have killed him," I say, doing my best to stay calm and not yell.

"Incase you forgot, you were bleeding out. I need you alive. There will be another chance to take him down." Another chance my ass. He deserves to die. "Look I came here to see how you're doing," he says softly.

"I'm fine sir. But I would be resting better if I knew, he was dead. But other then that I'm fine."

"You don't have to be Mace. You're allowed to feel, your human. Look what you went through is not ok. I don't know what he did to you. I don't know what kind of mental and physical abuse you went through, but I know that you shouldn't be ok with that," He states.

I don't respond and instead I just sit there with my legs crossed and my hands in my lap. Would a human be able to kill though? Would a human kill her own teammates?

"Mace, please talk to me. Don't shut down like you did last time. I know it hurts to talk about this stuff. Believe me, I do. But you need to talk about it. I don't want you ending up like me," he sighs.

"I'm fine. I chose this job, I knew what kind of work I was going to do. I knew the risks, and I was willing to take them," I tell him. The general looks down to the ground, and sighs.

"I told your parents that I'd pay for your therapy sessions, along with the rest of your medical bills."

"I'm not seeing a shrink," I snap.

"I know that this isn't easy. I also came here so I could permanently release you from your line of duty." The moment he says this I can feel my heart drop and my stomach turn upside down.

"I'm doing this for your safety," he adds.

"I need to be the one to take him down. Hassan took my team away from me." I can feel tears threatening to fall.