Chapter twenty nine

We land in the middle of a field. Tall stocks of corn surrounded us, keeping us hidden. I walk out of the plane with a black duffle bag in hand. In it are my weapons.

As I walk out of the plane, five other soldiers follow me. I look to see a racing car sitting on the pathway being unused. It was a nice car. A Ferrari to be exact.

"Khor, you will be going to this building. Tomorrow the target will be riding in a black convertible. You are to kill him and then go to this bank to retrieve the money. You are to kill anyone who gets in your way. Do you understand?" The one in the middle explains, handing me coordinates.

I nod my head and take the coordinates from him. I hop into the car and Throw the bag into the empty seat next to me. And I start my way into the city.

As I'm driving I watch the once familiar landscape turn into a distant land. I sigh at the thought of my memory going. The dosage that they gave me last night was the worst one. It took me five hours to remember my name, that scares me beyond words.

I knew that I was slipping. I could remember that I had a family. I remember Addison and the day she was going to get married. I could remember where I lived. Wait, her wedding is tomorrow. Maybe if I have time I could stop by. I would be quick. In and out.

The rest of the drive I'm planning everything in my head. I pull up to an alleyway and get out of the car. I needed to ditch the car in the alleyway and make my way to the building. I had to get rid of the car for tracking reasons, so now I'll be getting there by foot.

I grab my duffel bag and start my walk to the building. I climb up the fire escape ladder and walk on the rooftops of the skyscrapers. I look down at all the little people walking. The nighttime wind threw my loose pieces of hair into my face. Ever so slightly stinging. I couldn't help but feel at peace.

Once I get to the rundown building, I start to set up my station. I set up my spot in front of a window. I have a gun holder in front of the window, meaning I now have to go across and set up other automatic firing guns. That way they can't find out where the original shot came from. The town is throwing him a parade tomorrow, in honor of the fact that he said he was going to give Houston money. Not only do I have to kill him, but I also have to steal the money back.

I make my way to the building adjacent to me. I set up an automatic gun that will go off by the push of a button. Once that building is set up I go to the one next to that and do the same thing.

Once all of the guns are set up I go back to the main building. I entire through the window. Once I'm in I have my back against the wall and slide down it. I close my eyes and take off my mask. It was getting stuffy.

"Help!" I hear in the distance. I perk up and grab my mask and put it back on.

"Help!" I hear again.

I'm currently in one of the worst parts of Houston. This was where most of the drug dealers were. I remember when we would come here, Sharon made sure that her kids never said a word and that they were right next to her the entire time. But this is where I grew up. I would talk to some of the residents, just to prove something. Although I can't remember what I was trying to prove.

Another cry of help echoes through the air. I go to the window and kneel on the edge. Then I spot a woman getting mugged. I grab an electrical wire and attach it to the wall and jump out of the building.

I drop right behind the group of men that are mugging her. They have her pinned against the wall. There's twelve men standing around her, while a man in all black holds her down. He's clearly drunk, he smells it.