Chapter thirty two

Come morning I get a call from Hassan. "Is it done yet?" He asks.

"No, he wasn't there sir. So I sent him a message for when he gets to his office. I wanted to toy with his mind," I tell him.

"Fine, but remember that he is dangerous. He is not someone that you just mess with. I want him dead by tomorrow, understood?" He asks.

"Yes General Hassan," I comply. The phone hangs up and I grab my gun.

I make my way to the campsite to try and find out how the general reacted. It was about five in the morning and I was about thirty minutes away. I had a feeling that he and I would get there around the same time.

Once I pull in, I sneak up the the guard at the gate. I choke him and steal his clothes. I quickly slide them on and make my way inside the premises.

I come up to the building and walk in using the key card. I make my way up the stairs and head to the floor of his office.

The floor was packed with soldiers and private investigators. Everyone was around the general's room. Yet no one had suspected a thing from me. I was waiting in the lobby for the general to come in.

"Who did this?" I hear a voice ask. I could tell that this person was a smoker. His voice was deep and raspy. Yet soothing all at the same time.

"We're not sure." Another voice chimes in. This voice was young and not fully developed. But then again, most men's voices never did fully develop.

Suddenly I have eyes on my target. If he knows me, he must not see my face. But that's when I get an idea. I decide to walk towards him with my head down. There's already a crowd of people on this floor, so I should be able to go unnoticed. As I get closer to him, I bump into his shoulder and place a bug on him.

"Watch where you're going soldier," I hear him say, but I keep walking.

"What the?" I can tell that he's going to come after me, but then his name gets called.

"General Logan," A voice calls out.

I head out of the building and to my bike and drive off to the abandoned building. I hook up the bug and listen into the conversation. It was too risky for me to be there, so this was the next best thing.

"Oh sweet Jesus. How did this happen?" The general asks. I'm assuming that he's looking at the body.

"We found him here like this this morning," A voice says.

"But there's something else that you should take a look at," the voice adds. I can hear the door open further.

"Oh no," I hear him whisper under his breath. I can hear him walk up to the board and grab the knife from the board.

Hassan had taught me how to distinguish movement and fighting styles, just by listening to tapes. It really did come in handy, especially with things such as this.

"You two are dismissed," the general says. His voice is filled with rage, fear, sorrow, and anger. I hear two pairs of feet leave the room and then the general starts to talk to himself.

"I can't believe it, it really is Mace." This confuses me, my name isn't Mace. It's Khor Khoreh. I hear him sit down with a thud and a sigh. Maybe there's someone else that looks like me? Yeah, that must be it.

"I wish that I could have saved you. I was only trying to help, I'm sorry Mace." I turn off the bug and grab my guns and start to clean them. I had heard enough. This man was clearly sick and needed to be stopped. Tonight, General Logan will die.