SIX - higher and higher

₊˚❀.ೃ*:・

"putain de merde!" Vasseur yelled as he bit his lip in anger.

Charles swerved onto the grass, costing him the lead of the race during the last 5 laps.

Chiara had her hand on your mouth, in shock of what just happened. The entire garage mumbling and yelling curse words in frustration.

Chiara and I had some headsets on, listening to both, Carlos and Charles' radios. Arthur was also there, sitting beside us.

"FUUUUUCK."

The radio was dead silent after that.

A couple moments later, Charles spoke, "I'm sorry," his voice sounding defeated and emotional.

His engineer told him to keep pushing, Charles not answering after that.

Arthur gave me a look, he widened his eyes a bit as his lips were pressed together in a straight line, him mouthing the words, "drama queen."

I rolled my eyes as I looked back at the screen.

₊˚❀.ೃ*:・

20 minutes later.

Max had gotten p1, Checo got p2, and Charles got p3.

"I mean, at least he got a podium, right?" I tried to ease the tension in the air as we walked to the ceremony.

Arthur let out a huff, "I mean it's not really a good thing if you were leading after many laps of overtaking and undertaking, to then loose all of that hard work because of a dumb mistake."

I stayed quiet after that, Arthur's words being slightly correct.

"Driver of the day might redeem it, no?" Chiara chimed, her camera out as we reached the podiums.

Charles, max, and checo were standing there, the Dutch national anthem playing in all of its glory.

Charles just stood there. No emotion on his face. The gleam of sweat radiating across the stage.

Max on the other hand was smiling, seemingly not over all of the pole positions he's been piling up.

₊˚❀.ೃ*:・

"Are we feeling cute and simple," Chiara started as she picked up a floral dress, "or hot and sexy," she spoke as she picked up a black mini skirt and a silver corset top.

"Where are we going again?" I turned my attention towards her as I looked at the two dresses.

Chiara cocked a brow, "the afterparty?"

"Oh, then the second one," I picked my phone back up, "what time does it start again?"

"At 9," I checked the time, noticing it was 7:55 pm."

"Guess I have to get changed," I mumbled as I stood up, walking towards my suitcase and picking an outfit.

I wasn't in a party mood, hell, I'm usually never in a party mood. I'd rather be sitting down chilling or watching a movie, rotting away in bed; I knew I had to change. That's why I've made it my mission to just 'not be so stuck up,' as Chiara would put it.

I agreed with her.

I wanted to let loose.

₊˚❀.ೃ*:・