FIFTEEN - eyes wide as daisies

3rd person pov

₊˚❀.ೃ*:・

Charles

Charles
U free to call rn?

Vivian
yeah?

Charles
👍

Charles is calling...

Vivian accepted the call. Internally she didn't want to, she really didn't want to, but she had to. She told him she was free.

"Why the dry emoji Charles?" She whispered to herself.

"Hey," Charles spoke through the phone, Vivian could hear the faint sound of the door clicking on his end.

"Hi Charles," she paused for a second, "how are you?" She stood up straight as she bit the tip of her nail, wanting to know what he was going to say.

"Good, erhm," he cleared his throat, "how are you?" He asked her, his voice a bit restrained.

"I'm good, yeah." Vivian answered, the vibes of the call awkward in a way.

"That's great, that's-" he stopped talking for a second, "is- are you- shit-

"Are you malfunctioning right now?" She cut him off, trying to ease off the tension as a laughed.

Charles chuckled as he stopped pacing in Arthur's room, smiling to himself. "Yeah no," he laughed again, "just some technical difficulties."

Vivian laughed, "okay good," she smiled, "so why'd you wanna call?"

Charles didn't really know why he wanted to call her, he just wanted to. It was an 'in the moment' type of decision. After seeing her on call with Chiara, after that minor inconvenience, (him mistaking her older brother for a random dude who was alone with Vivian), Charles had to call her.

He missed her, and he didn't know why.

"Am I not allowed to check up on my friend?" He spoke as he smiled.

Vivian wasn't buying it, she knew there was a deeper meaning, "of course you are," she started, "you just had a very weird reaction when you spoke to me earlier." She pushed, wanting to know more.

Charles was caught off guard, "what reaction?" He tried playing dumb.

"I dunno, you just skipped the entire 'hey how are you' process before asking me who I was with." She cocked a brow, smiling amusingly.

Charles' eyes widened, he didn't know what to say. He didn't want to seem like a jealous person, but he also didn't want to lie, so he decided on the next best thing; a half truth. "Because, I wanted to.. know?"

Vivian cocked a brow, "you wanted to know? Really?" She said in a sarcastic tone.

"Yes." Charles said blankly, itching the back of his neck.

"Not buying that Charles."

"I- pfft, okay sure."

"Jealousy's not a good look on you mon cheri."