NINE - you have no idea

₊˚❀.ೃ*:・

Chiara had to go back to the hotel, seemingly forgetting the fact that she has a zoom meeting at 4, leaving Charles and I by ourselves.

by ourselves.

To be completely honest, I found the man attractive. I mean it was bound to happen. He was exactly my type.

Brown hair, tall, older, funny, genuine; someone who actually has a personality, and those green eyes, oh my god.

And it didn't help that he was a gentleman, (it's really hard to find one these days).

So when Chiara had to leave, I grew a bit anxious.

"Should we go to my place?" He started as we walked back to his car.

I looked at him, a startled expression on my face, though I tried playing it cool. "Yeah sure." I quickly said.

"I'll uhm," he cleared his throat, "I'll text Arthur."

I nodded. "Perfect."

₊˚❀.ೃ*:・

The car ride wasn't awkward.
Oh thank God it wasn't awkward.

Charles and I were having a good time as we passed by some places in Monaco. He showed me the school that he went to, the places him and his friends would hang out, etc.

The expression on his face when he talked about his childhood made my heart warm up, seeing him so happy was like seeing a puppy get all excited. It was cute.

We arrived at his apartment as we continued our conversation.

"Cats are better, they're just cleaner!" I protested as I closed the car door, Charles let out a sigh.

"Dogs are nicer, they're cuter, cats are just.. evil." He blurted.

"They lick everything, and they're so dirty and gross." I argued back.

"Like cats don't lick themselves?" He laughed, "they're basically covered in their saliva."

"Okay okay, stop it." I made a fake gagging sound, that's nasty.

Charles gave me a smile as we entered the elevator.

"I really want a dog now." He chuckled as he clicked a button on the elevator.

"Then why don't you get one?" I asked as I faced him.

Charles rubbed the back of his neck, "I won't have time for him I guess?" He started, "just cause I'm always travelling, you know?"

I nodded in understanding. "Well, when you're out of the country, you can just let someone take care of him?" I suggested as the elevator made a 'ding' sound.

"I guess so but, it's not really the same. I won't feel like he's  mine if someone else has it." He looked at me as we both walked out of the elevator, now outside of his door.

My mouth formed into an 'o' shape, Charles' eyes never leaving mine. A glint of something behind them. I can't help but think that sentence had a deeper meaning to it.

I looked away, now facing the door. Charles doing the same as he unlocked it, the fresh smell of the clean house was pervading.