TWELVE - my boy only breaks his favorite toys

₊˚❀.ೃ*:・

Charles POV

"Good luck charles!"

"Good luck mate!"

I heard a couple of the engineers telling me as I walked passed them, thanking them as I made my way to the car.

My heart was pounding.

I usually don't get as anxious before a race but, this was Monaco.

As I began to enter the car, I noticed a piece of paper on my seat. Furrowing my eyebrows as I grabbed it and tucked it in my pocket for later.

I sat down and adjusted myself, placing the 'wheel' on the car.

"Okay charles," Xavier started on the radio, "radio check, radio, check."

"Yes it's working," I simply said.

"Okay, we will be entering the pit lane... now."

A few moments later

Third person POV

"For our viewers who missed qualifying yesterday," Crofty started, "our driver lineup is verstappen, leclerc, perez, sainz, alonso, piastri, norris, russel, hamilton, and tsunoda in our top ten."

"What a lineup that is!" Kravitz joked, "there's always an Aston Martin in the middle somewhere."

Crofty laughed, "that's about right."

The formation lap was over. Every driver now in their designated spot. The fans were cheering, the engines were booming, and the lights were off.

"And it's lights out and away we go!" Crofty said his signature line, "the Dutchman has taken the lead of the Monaco Grand Prix! The monagasque under his tail- and ooh! Big crash in the background right there! Piastri and Norris collided in sector one!"

"Double Yellow flag charles, double yellow flag." Xavier commed.

"What happened?" He asked as he began slowing down a bit.

"Piastri and Norris crashed, they're okay."

Charles sighed in frustration. The race barely even started, he just wanted to get it over with.

"And that is a DNF for Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri," Crofty spoke, his voice a bit disappointed.

"What a bad day for the McLaren fans."

₊˚❀.ೃ*:・

"1.4 seconds behind verstappen." Charles' race engineer spoke.

Charles was determined to win this race, he had to win it, he just had to.

"8 more laps to go charles, mode; push."

Charles pressed hard on the engine, taking swift turns and gliding through the streets of his home country. The only thing he could see, was the Red Bull infront of him, getting closer and closer.

"0.9 seconds, push charles, push."

"I am fucking pushing!" The monégasque driver yelled due to frustration, not knowing he had pushed the wrong button, and broadcasted that to the entire world to hear.

"Seems like leclerc is under tremendous pressure Crofty, he has put on a good race though." Kravitz spoke.

"Yes he has, I can't even imagine what he must be feeling, it is his home race after all." Crofty replied.