**Chapter 6: Character Introduction: Oreki Kagenou

New main character POV hee hee, try to guess who it is?

... dont cheat >:(

We class D's are now 2nd years, and with just 1 expulsion consisting of Yamauchi.

The past few days have been hectic, thanks to the new special exam Ms. Chabashira announced yesterday. Everyone in the class was in a panic, but not the wild scramble we saw last year. There's definitely been improvement.

No matter how you look at it, our class has come a long way. Gone are the chaotic days of first year. Now, there's panic, yes, but also a flicker of confidence. They believe their 'leader' will swoop in and save the day. This isn't inherently good or bad.

Loyalty to a leader is a cornerstone of strong leadership. But blind faith breeds dependence, turning them into mindless pawns. That kind of stagnancy is the antithesis of what I'm trying to achieve. I need them to grow as individuals, to think for themselves. If I want my experiment to succeed, I have to nip this dependence in the bud.

The food I was eating right now was pretty good, I don't know why but recently Ichinose has been trying to get close to me, I cant feel any malicious intent but instead something entirely different, but I can't lower my guard especially after the Horikita event. and the food I am eating right now is made by her, it isn't as good as the canteen one, but it isn't that bad, li--

*thump*

My lunch was rudely interrupted by a door slamming open with so much force that it wasn't for anything peaceful. I didn't even flinch, continuing to eat as if nothing had happened. Ignoring the commotion was the best course of action, I decided.

Just as I took another bite, a sharp prick jolted me. It felt like an ant bite, but the source of the pain sent a wave of horror crashing through me. (Why am I still sitting next to this compass-wielding maniac?) A compass, lodged in my arm, gleamed accusingly.

(imagine his monotone voice trying to say I was horrified XD)

"Do you have any idea of what is happening outside?"

"No"

seemingly annoyed my seatmate continued

"So why are you ignoring the situation?"

"sorry, I am eating lunch, which I think is more important at the moment"

"When did you start making lun-- Forget it lets go check what's happening"

"What if I said no?"

"This compass doesn't have a limit in the amount of stabs allowed"

Help there is a serial killer next to me

"Ok"

After the thre-, uhm persuasion Horikita did, we stood up an went towards the source of the sound, as I opened the door I saw a person leaning casually against the wall, his posture hinted at both relaxation and quiet observation. Dark strands of hair, perpetually windblown despite being indoors, framed his sharp, intelligent dark brown eyes. They scanned the bustling corridor, a flicker of amusement playing in their depths.

Although not exceptionally tall, a well-defined physique hinted at hidden strength beneath his unassuming exterior. Years of unseen training had sculpted his form. His handsomeness was a subtle quality, a quiet confidence that emanated from within. A ghost of a smirk, barely there, played on his lips, hinting at a mischievous personality lurking just beneath the surface. His crisp, clean uniform hung effortlessly on his athletic build, emphasizing the casual grace with which he moved. There was an undeniable magnetism to him, an aura of intrigue that drew the eye despite the dull lighting. He wasn't just handsome – he was captivating.