**Chapter 21: The Trial Card.

Character Introduction Class 1B, 13: Eguchi Naoki

Appearance->

Hair: Neatly styled, could be dark brown or black. He might keep it short and tidy, or have it slightly longer and swept to the side. There's a sense of practicality in his hairstyle, reflecting his efficient nature.

Eyes: Warm and inviting, with a hint of mischief dancing behind them. They crinkle at the corners when he smiles, hinting at a friendly and approachable personality.

Height: Slightly above average. He carries himself with confidence, not needing height to command attention.

Physique: Lean and athletic. While not bulky, he clearly takes care of himself and values good health. He might have a hint of muscle definition from years of cooking and carrying heavy ingredients.

Impression: Naoki has a friendly and welcoming aura. He's often seen with a warm smile and a twinkle in his eye. His neat appearance and confident demeanor suggest someone who is put-together and successful.

Personality: Naoki excels academically and possesses a knack for business. He's the one who saw the potential in the new marketplace app and adapted his cooking skills to capitalize on it. Naoki's passion lies in the kitchen. He takes pride in creating delicious and satisfying meals, and his culinary skills have become a minor school legend. Naoki sees opportunity everywhere and has a knack for turning ideas into profitable ventures. He's always on the lookout for ways to improve his business and expand his reach. Despite his wealth(he is wealthy due to the marketplace), Naoki isn't flashy. He values hard work and is always willing to help a classmate in need. He might offer free or discounted meals to those struggling financially.

Current social status: One of the rich students in class 1B, and also a cook.

--Internal Monologue starts--

(Trial card: Receives the right to get 1.5 times as many class points from the reward of the special exam, however the group will be penalized if it cannot enter the top 30% ranks. The school will provide the additional class points for the reward.)

Today was D-Day for the special exam cards. The air crackled with anticipation, a fact that did little to stir any excitement within me. As expected, my card wasn't exactly inconspicuous. The Trial Card. Not a bad haul, objectively speaking, especially considering my usual approach. But the whole point of anonymity? Out the window. The spotlight, once dimmed, was now a glaring beacon, all thanks to the potential for one and a half times the class points.

Naturally, this little perk wouldn't escape hungry eyes. Predators like Ryuuen and Sakayanagi wouldn't miss the chance to snatch a bigger prize. Even the perpetually optimistic Ichinose might be tempted. Lunch break loomed, and with it, the inevitable swarm. Pre-emption, as always, was the optimal decision. Escaping the impending chaos seemed prudent.

Dorm room, here I come. But fate, it seemed, had other plans. As I rounded the corner, a sight stopped me cold in my tracks. Shielding myself in the doorway, I watched the tableau unfold – Sakayanagi's elite entourage and Ryuuen's motley crew, both radiating a distinct brand of menace. Looks like I stumbled upon a gathering of the not-so-honorable society.

...

I tried listening into their conversation to know what's going on.

Sakayanagi: (Her voice drips with false sweetness) Ryuen-kun, what a delightful surprise to see you here. Enjoying the evening air?