ii. temptation

temptation

'✭.<Lenora Salvatore>.*•
Are you being nice or are you playing with my feelings?

All throughout class, I was thinking about what Rigel did, either I was being way too delusional but he was always there, like he appeared from the shadows. He was pushed Fernando while we were talking and then started a fight with him? Why would he do that?

The bell rung and i collected all my stuff, which when I left the classroom I made sure to be aware of my surroundings in case of Fernando keeping his word about having that "conversation." So I ran as fast I could to my next class which was science..lovely.

Luckily, my seat is in the way back of the classroom. So sometimes I don't need to fully pay attention. Which is what I'm going to do now. I slide my phone out of my pocket and plug my headphones in.

I was doodling all over the table before one of my earbuds was pulled out of my ear. I looked over and saw Rigel holding in between his fingers. "He was calling your name." His voice was raspy and yet all the words came out smooth.

I saw everyone looking over at me waiting for me to respond. "Sorry, what did you need." I could feel a rush of embarrassment on my face. "Headphones and your phone on my desk, then come get your papers." He ordered as he pointed on the papers.

Rigel let go of my earbud and placed it on my hand. What a great first interaction with the new boy, could this day get even worse. Let's just say it did!

I placed my phone along my earbuds and grabbed the sheets of paper before returning back to my seat. Where we had to work on a project with our partner about botany, something that we always do.

"Rigel and Lenora, you two will take the lily of the valley on your left." At least it's different flowers every year, "now that you all got your flowers, I want you all to answer the questions on your paper then turn it in before class is over."

Rigel and I walked over to the flower and he touched the stem of the flower, "Pretty aren't they?" I asked, he looked over to me with a slight nod. "They are meant to symbolize humility, and the return of happiness."

"It's an odd shape for a flower." He said, I feel myself smiling while I watch his hand glide down the lily's stem. "I think they are very unique, especially when they come in pink." A small chuckle came out from him before he let go, he leaned on the counter looking at me.

It made me nervous so I turned away while trying to write in my paper before I saw him stand up straight reaching towards me. I squeezed my eyes shut before I reopened them to see him holding a leaf in hand while raising his eyebrows confused.

"This was in your hair." He said holding up the leaf, the world just hates me or sees enjoyment in embarrassing me in front of a boy. "Oh. Grazie."

"Remember students, you will have to take this plant for the rest of the year, you will be taking turns with your partner in taking care of it, just think of it as your adoptive child." You bastard D'Angelo. Now I got pretended that this plant is Rigel and mines 'adopted child'

"How are we supposed to take care of it when it's fully grown already...?" Rigel asked whispering over to me. "He gives us the equipment and the seed to grow. It's a pain. I always fail.." I groaned.

"I'll help you pass...I know where to get some help." He said, I light up in joy as I grab my hands together. "Grazie, Rigel! Oh my, I have never had a partner like you." Ohhhh, I probably have not said that. I clear my throat and I hear him laugh.

"I'll take it first..and I'll give you my number so we can switch off on weekends." Did I hear what he just said. He will give me his number. I actually need to stop and collect myself. You just broke up with your boyfriend who you were crying and eating jars of Ice cream about. Be sad!

"Yeah sure."

The bell rung and I collected my stuff off of D'Angelo's desk, where I saw Rigel waiting outside the door leaning on the door frame. He handed me his phone. I typed my number in before he grabbed it quick out of my hands running off.

I stood there confused before he stormed off over to the new girl whispering something on her ear again. He looked furious while she stood there blank. I never really thought about it but are they together? Oh my god, am I going after a boy who has a girlfriend? Shit! Nope nope. I got to end this crush right now!

I, Lenora Salvatore will now solemnly swear that I will no longer continue my crush on Rigel Wilde, he may be the mysterious yet handsome boy I have met but I will be one to ruin a relationship , that's for sure.

I pull my phone out and I see a text from Rigel. God fucking dammit.

ᴍʏ ᴀᴅᴅʀᴇꜱꜱ ɪꜱ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘɪᴄᴋ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ.

Wonderful, not only do I have his number but I have his address too? What am I going to do...? Oh but the inside of me is craving the urge to talk to him again. To have a glance here and there.

I respond to the message with my hands shaking and when I wrote a message I would delete it over again and rewrite it. Then I finally find a perfect answer to reply to him.

ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ! ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ. Sent.

Oh no, oh no. That was the most stupidest thing I have said. I'm just going to go dig a hole and stay in that hole for the rest of my life.