iii. scatterbrained

scatterbrained

'✭.<Rigel Wilde>.*•
Hard to understand everything and everyone

I've never felt so tired just from one school day, maybe because I have actually never been to one and was homeschooled instead which was way easier. I returned home first before Nica. She stood behind with some girls that she met.

I also had to take this odd plant back for a project..First time at a school and I have a project already. How annoying.

When I walked in Anna greeted me almost immediately, "Ciao, Rigel! How was your first day." She said pulling me in a hug, I stood still uncomfortably where she finally pulled back still holding onto my arms. "What is that?" She pointed to project that was in my hands.

"Project..." I responded, she lifted the seed packet from my hand and observed it. A large grin appeared across her face, it was kind of scaring me. "Botany! How lucky you have me to help with." Wow...I am soooo lucky aren't I.

"No...I have a partner for that.." I said, her smile slowly went down as she handed me the seed packet. "Oh well, if you need any help with that just let me know." I walked past her and into my room, I'd placed it in my dresser before noticing my drawer was opened slightly.

Panic grew and I aggressively pulled it open to see the tin is still the way I left it. I felt relief before I hear someone calling out my name.

Nica entered my room and I shut my drawer quick and way too hard. "Why did you have to do that?" I don't say anything and try to make myself not seem so suspicious. "You should go apologize to Anna. She was only trying to help."

Oh that. Please that was just me being honest. "Why? It was all truth." I explained as I took one step forward towards her, "don't ruin this for us we finally able to stay in a family who cares about us." She said, Ruin? I would ruin a family that I barely want to be in, she knows nothing...

"You are the one who wanted a family, Falena. Wishing every birthday's, every shooting star, every fallen eyelash." I walked closer and closer to her almost to where our faces were an inch away. "Then why agree?" She looked into eyes and it was filled with desperation.

"You were always chosen, always the perfect fit for what they wanted, Rigel. Why agree now?" I didn't answer and walked away from her where I had wished I hadn't I could just devour every part of my desires that I had been struggling to keep in.

She looked over to my dresser and saw the pot I had brought with from school. "Who is your Partner..?" She asked, I looked over to the plant and imagined the way the girl lite up when she talked about the flower. "Didn't get her name." Lenora was her name.

"You should learn how to communicate with others, Rigel.." why when I never was taught? Cant even explain how I feel about you? How I cant even tell you what her name was?

"Anna said to get ready we are having guests over. That's why I came here..." You could hear the hesitation in her voice. I feel my hand lift up and reach over to her hair twirling it around my finger. "Is that it. falena." I saw her turn away before putting down my hand. "Act right in front of the guests."

She stormed off and I watch her enter her room closing the door. I was going to go in there but I had to get ready for this gathering so I went to take a shower. I took my sweet time and when I got out I heard a knock from the front door.

I wasn't concerned before another knock, then one more. No one was answering and so I put on my pants then quickly downstairs. Which when I opened the door I saw my partner.

She was rocking back and forth looking to the side before she looked forward, her eyes traveled down my body before she cleared her throat awkwardly. "Hey..." she waved.

I didn't respond back and we stood there in awkwardness. "We agreed on the weekends..." I said breaking the silence. She sighed and crossed her arms seeming uncomfortable. "That's not why I'm here..."

Before I could speak I saw two people walking up to the porch. She panicked before turning  around trying to cover me with her body. "Mom. Dad.." she put her arms behind her back holding them tightly. I'm assuming they are the guests.

Their eyes went to me where she stood on her tippytoes trying to cover the fact I'm not even ready and shirtless..."You are one of the new kids that they are fostering, aren't you."

"Sí." He looks at me oddly and she walks backwards hitting me in my chest, i begin following her movement and she handed me her cardigan. Her parents walk in and they take one more glance before walking into the backyard.

She turned back around grabbing her cardigan from my hands putting it around her, where one of the sleeves were inside out, I grabbed the cardigan pulling it off her shoulder slowing brushing my hand against her collarbone fixing it. "Thanks..."

"You should button it, it's cold." I'm not sure why but my hands reached out to help her before I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up and saw Nica. Lenora slapped my hand off and turned around. "Nothing was happening!"

Nica looked at her then at me, I couldn't tell how she felt but I just wanted to go over and explain to her. "I-I should go over to my parents." She walked away quickly and Nica walked closer towards me.

She pushed me towards the wall holding my shoulders tightly, "I told you to behave yourself Rigel." Her look of seriousness made me focus on her lips. "Jealous, Falena?"

She took a second to answer before letting go. "Disappointed." Shit.