9.

Today was a weird day.
Why?
Let me tell you.

Chris had woken up earlier today because he couldn't sleep. He had this weird feeling in his gut again. So he pushed Matt and Nick off him and walked to the kitchen to grab a rice cake.
Nick and Matt had been inseparable from him. since the day they got the first letter they wouldn't leave Chris and were scared to sleep alone.

Well- that's actually not true because it was the other way around but Chris wouldn't admit that.

Anyways, Chris decided to take the trash out like he does every morning now. He walked outside put the garbage out and walked back in. But when he was inside again he realized that he didn't saw a letter. So he walks outside again and stands on the porch, looking for a letter. But there was none.

No letter?

That's a good thing right? Probably, but even though he was relieved as fuck. Chris couldn't help but feel weird about it.

That was the beginning of a weird day.

Chris shrugs it off and walks back to the kitchen when suddenly, a ghost stands there. Or is it a ghost? Oh- it's just Matt, except Matt is pale, extremely pale.

"Matt?" Chris says, confused on why Matt is pale.

"Yo-" Matt says with a voice like his nose is being held close before sneezing like a maniac.

"I feel sick." He says in the same voice.

"No fucking shit Matt, look at you!" Chris says before rushing to Matt's side and escorting him to the couch. "I'll get you some tea." Chris sighs.

"Chris wait!"

"What?"

"Can you give me that blanket please?" Matt asks, pointing to the blanket on the other side of the couch. Chris sighs, takes the blanket and throws it at Matt.

"Thanks." Matt says when Chris returns to the kitchen to get him some tea.

And then Nick comes in, hair all messed up and tired eyes. "Morning." He yawns. "Good morning!" Chris responds, smiling. He walks up to Nick and pulls him in a gentle hug because he looks like he needs it. Nick hugs him back.

"I think Matt is sick so I was just getting some tea for him." Nick's eyes slightly widen. "Don't we have that party today?" He asks.

"Yeah, we do. So either we don't go, or we go without him because I think he has a cold." Chris responds.

Nick nods and slowly walks to the living room to see Matt on the couch. Wrapped in a blanket laying flat out on his belly. Nick laughs while shaking his head at the adorable sight of his brother.

"Yo Nick!" He hears from the kitchen. "What's up?" Nick says while walking back to the kitchen and sitting at the table.

"There wasn't a letter today." Chris says, hesitantly.

Nicks face takes over with shock and suspicion. "Really?" Chris nods, scanning his brother's face. "That's good right?" Chris shrugs.

"Probably."

But he can see Nick doesn't feel so comfortable about it either.
It says quiet while Chris pours the hot water in a cup and dips a tea bag in it. When Chris walks to the living room Nick decides to join them and sits next to Matt on the couch, even though he's taking a lot of space in.

"Maattyy." Chris whines in an attempt to wake Matt up but he doesn't respond.

"Is he dead?" Chris mumbles while kneeling down next to Matt.

"Matt, Matt there's a fire." Chris teases.

"Chris! Don't tell him that.." Nick yells quietly.

Matt opens his eyes too see two big blue eyes in front of him, making him jump.

"AHH!" Matt screams while falling of the couch in fear. A hard thump fills the room and for a moment everything is quiet.

"Fuck you bitch."

Chris hysterically laughs at that and helps his brother from the floor quickly. But his laugh fades when he sees that Matt has gone even paler than before.

"Yo Nick- look at his face!" Chris yells, worry filling his voice.

"Damn do I look that bad?" Matt asks, genuinely curious. Chris doesn't respond. "Whatever, can I have my tea now?" He ask his two brothers who are now sitting in front of him and staring at his face like he's an alien.

Chris hands him the tea.

"Thanks." He says annoyed while taking a sip.

"Well you can't come to that party, that's for sure." Nick says.

Matt sneezes in response.

"Can you two please go though? I don't want you guys to feel bad for me and run after me all day."

Chris and Nick look at each other, knowing how Matt likes to be alone when he's sick.

"We'll see." They say in unison.