Into The Owl-Verse (Part 3)

That night, after heading back to her dorm room...sleep was almost too easy. Maybe she was just tired. But the next morning, when she went to get dressed, Luz noticed that her pants almost seemed too small.

Luz tilted her head, her thoughts seeming louder than usual. 'That's weird...did they shrink?'

She then gasped. "Am I going through puberty?" She asked...aloud.

Her roommate, Dana, turned around and looked at her with a bewildered face.

"...you heard that?" Luz asked.

"And I wish you luck." Dana said.

Later, at school, Luz tried to just walk normally through school. 'I gotta get new pants...wait...why is the voice in my head so loud? It's like someone is right next to me! Is there someone next to me?' She thought as she began looking from side to side.

But then, she bumped into an all too-familiar girl...and suddenly her head began ringing for the briefest of moments. The girl's eyes widened. "Oh! Hello again!"

Luz's eyes widened as well and her cheeks reddened, alongside a bit more sweat than usual. She quickly wiped it off her forehead. 'WHY AM I SO SWEATY?!' She thought.

"...is everything okay?" The purple-haired girl asked, tilting her head. "Why are you so sweaty?"

Luz quickly tried to shrug or literally sweat it off. "It's a puberty thing- No, no! That sounds weird. I already went through that..."

"...okay." The girl said.

'SHE THINKS I'M WEIRD.' Luz thought before coughing. "So...you're new here? What's your name?"

Now the girl looked like she was the one panicking. "O-oh! Ummm, I'm...uhhh...Amity Light- BLIGHT! Amity Blight."

"T-that's a nice name." Luz smiled. "I'm Luz."

Amity laughed. "I-I don't know why I was suddenly so nervous with names! I mean, it's just a name! Had once since I was born and have been showing it off ever since-"

As she kept talking, Luz almost found it harder to focus. Amity's words almost seemed muffled. Luz looked at her hand and then at Amity's shoulder.

'Do the Shoulder Touch now before she walks away!' She thought. '...is everything in slow motion or is it actually taking this long?!'

"I'm rambling about names." Amity realized.

Luz then finally set her hand, almost awkwardly on Amity's shoulder. The two exchanged looks at each other before Luz deepened her voice. "Hey."

Amity blinked. "...hey. I'll see you around."

'FAILED. FAILED. FAILED. DAD, WHY!?!? I GOTTA FIND A HOLE TO CRAWL INTO!!!' Luz's mind screamed.

"Y-yeah! Cya..." She said as she took her hand off Amity's shoulder...only for it to suddenly get stuck in her hair.

Amity's eyes widened. "H-hey!"

Luz's eyes widened as well and she tried to pull her hand away, but it wouldn't budge. "I-I-I-"

"Can you let go?" Amity asked. "OW, OW, OW!"

"SORRY!" Luz cried, trying to pull. "It's not moving!"

The two then practically spun around, with Amity dropping her books as Luz struggled to get her hand out of Amity's sticky hair...or vice versa.

"I-it's just puberty!" Luz said.

"You don't know what that is!" Amity said. "Luz, just relax!"

"Okay, I have a plan!" Luz said, not noticing that the two were quickly drawing some attention from the other students. "I'm going to pull as hard as I can on three!"

Amity's eyes widened. "That's a terrible plan!"

"1..."

"LUZ-"

"2..."

"DON'T-"

"3!"

One trip to the nurse's office later...Luz still had pieces of Amity's hair on her hand with shame and embarrassment plastered on her face. "...is it too late to say 'nice to meet you'?"

Amity was just staring at the mirror in total shock, with the side of her head having been shaven to reveal some brown in her hair.

"I...I'll go..." Luz said, quickly running off.

Amity, however, just stayed like that...before she tied some of her hair into a ponytail and hummed. "...hey, can you cut off the other side too? I kinda like this."

Luz, on the other hand, just tried to walk through school. 'It's fine! It's fine! No one knows...no one knows...'

But once people started looking at her, Luz's mind went crazy. 'EVERYONE KNOWS!!! They're talking about me! They saw everything! He knows! She knows! They know! She...is super tall! Why is he smiling? How do I stop?! Can they hear my thoughts?! WHY ARE ALL OF MY THOUGHTS SO LOUD?!?!?'

"HEY!" A voice shouted before Luz froze right in front of the security guard. "I know you snuck out last night, Noceda!"

'PLAY DUMB!'

"...who's Noceda?"

'NOT THAT DUMB!!!'

Luz, realizing her chances, just quickly made a run for it. She didn't listen to whatever the guard had to say, she just had to get out of there!

She ran and ran all throughout the academy until she slid right into a room and shut the door behind her. She sighed in relief before seeing an empty desk...with the photo of the security guard and a few friends of his. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me!"

Luz quickly tried to make another break for it, but her hand suddenly began sticking to the door. She pulled and pulled before finally freeing herself, but she tripped and landed on the desk. Music suddenly began playing from the laptop on the desk, said music being Spider-Witch's Christmas album oddly enough.

'WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!?!' Luz thought as she got up, her hand sticking to the desk now. She pulled even harder, freeing herself. 'STOP STICKING!!!' She thought...right before she tripped out the window.

...and was now sticking on the side of the wall with her feet. 'KEEP STICKING, KEEP STICKING, KEEP STICKING!!!'

She began trying to walk across the wall...until a bunch of pigeons flew by, with two of the pigeons getting stuck in her hands and starting to drag her across. Luz faceplanted across two windows before finally falling through an open one.

And as if life wanted to catch her a break, it was her room. She sighed in relief and the pigeons stuck to her hands flew free. Luz collapsed onto the floor before a comic book suddenly fell onto her face.

Luz grabbed it, only for the comic to start sticking. "...WHAT IS GOING ON-"

But then, she saw one of the comic's pages. It was about Spider-Witch. Her origin story. The one she released to the public. While she never told them who she really was under the mask, she did recap on what happened to her and what it was like getting her powers.

...and sure enough? Spider-Witch, depicted as a normal woman, was going through the same thing she was. Sticking to walls and trying to free herself before starting to climb on walls from outside.

'Wait, wait, wait...this...no, no, no! There can't be two Spider-Witches! There's only one Spider-Witch...right?'