Into The Owl-Verse (Part 10)

The Spiders all landed on top of WitteCorp Tower and peered into the window, seeing a giant party hosted by Philip Wittebane himself.

Spider-Mite hummed. "The Collider's at the bottom, but it's gonna be tricky to sneak in with this huge party."

"We could crash it?" Star Spider asked.

Silver Spider then noticed something. "Hey. Check out the employees."

And sure enough, as if to 'honor' the fallen Spider-Witch that he had murdered and likely to keep up appearances that he didn't, all of the waiters and waitresses were dressed in Spider-Witch masks.

"Can't be that easy." Silver Spider said. "...it's gonna be that easy, isn't it?"

Eda chuckled. "Yup."

And sure enough, it was that easy. Spider-Mite and Star Spider hid under a car with a table curtain on it, while Silver Spider, Ghost Spider, and Eda were in suits to be disguised as waiters, with their masks still on.

Belos was giving some kind of speech, but one thing he said did catch the attention of Eda. "I would just like to thank Raine Whispers for being here this evening."

Eda stopped walking, her eyes wide as she looked at the variant of her partner. And they looked beautiful in the fancy suit they were wearing. "...Rainestorm...?"

But, Ghost Spider quickly walked over and waved her hand in front of Eda's face. "Pay attention! It's not your Raine!"

"...I'm sorry, I'll be right back." Eda said as she grabbed the cart and tried pushing it over to where Raine was sitting.

Ghost Spider quickly got on the other end and pushed back. "Eda! Trust me, you gotta move on-"

"Just one second! Lemme just-" Eda said as she began walking...only for Raine to be right in front of her. "OH!"

Raine shyly smiled. "Ummm, hello."

"Ohhh, whoa..." Eda gaped, her eyes wide. Raine still looked as gorgeous as ever in her eyes.

"I was just wondering if we could have some more bread at Table 12...?" Raine asked.

Eda nodded slowly. "Yeah...I'm just, uhh, I'm really sorry."

"O-oh! Don't be sorry, it's just bread-"

"No, I wasn't there for you when you needed me. I didn't even try. I know I could do better!" Eda cried. "If I just had another chance to give you a...t-the bread...that you deserve."

Raine blinked. "...are you okay-"

"I'm so sorry, she's having an off day." Ghost Spider laughed. "We'll get that bread for you!" She said as she began yanking Eda over, whose eyes did not leave Raine before Ghost Spider forced them too.

Silver Spider blinked. "...are you alright?"

"Oh, yeah. Totally." Eda said with a nod.

"Good, cause we aren't getting that bread." Ghost Spider said.

Later, when Belos left the party and entered an elevator where two guards stood, The Spiders quickly dealt with the guards by webbing them up and knocking them out.

Silver Spider then kicked down the door, watching Star Spider and Spider-Mite hop through. He went after them, with Eda and Ghost Spider following.

And once they landed and began running and swinging onto the cylinder-shaped space where The Collider was, the deadly machine then activated, with the energy beam that all brought them here shooting into the cannon-like pieces.