Into The Owl-Verse (Part 6)

Eda smiled to herself as she bit into a burger. "Oh, I love this...this is really good."

Luz just watched, her eyes narrowed. She even checked her phone's watch just to see how much time had passed.

"Y'know, in my universe, this place closed six years ago." Eda said, finishing off the burger and beginning to lick some ketchup off her fingers before the bill was placed on the table. "...you got money, right? I'm not very liquid right now."

Luz rolled her eyes. "Can we focus here?"

"Alright, alright- Ooh, you gonna eat that?" Eda asked as she grabbed a fry and bit into it.

Luz sighed. "Are-"

"I'm listening." Eda confirmed. "Look up where WitteCorp is."

Luz nodded and used her speedy thumbs to type in a location before showing it to Eda.

Eda hummed. "Alright. Not too hard to get to."

Luz then gasped. "You can teach me to swing on the way there! Thwip thwip!"

They did not end up doing that. According to the adult, taking the bus was much more fun than swinging around.

And after a bus ride, the two got out and went into the forest. Eda threw off her jacket and put on her mask...even though she was still a shoeless Spider-Witch with sweatpants on the bottom half of her costume.

Luz was still clearly wearing a store-bought Spider-Witch costume with...a cape...?

"No." Eda said as she yanked it off. "No capes."

"Awww, but I thought it was cool!" Luz cried.

"These things are a safety hazard." Eda said before walking over with Luz and peeking over a rock, with WitteCorp in their sights.

Luz hummed. "So, how do we sneak in?"

Eda chuckled. "Let's see...what would I do if I were me?" She asked as she knelt down and put a thumb on her chin.

Luz looked from side to side before slowly copying the gesture.

"Got it!" Eda grinned. "Step 1: I infiltrate the lab! Step 2: I find the head scientist's computer-"

"An old lady with a plant is the head scientist! I saw it in a presentation at school!"

"Step 3: I reexamine my personal biases! Step 4: I hack into the computer-"

"It's not technically hacking-"

Eda groaned. "Luz, I lost my train of thought! Step 5: Download the important stuff! Step 6: Grab a bagel from the cafeteria and run!"

Luz clapped. "Love it! But, uhh, what do I do?"

"Ummm...Step 7! You're the lookout. Very important."

Luz groaned. "I'm supposed to learn this stuff! I can't learn anything if you don't teach me!"

"Then just watch! I'll quiz ya later!" Eda grinned as she shot a web and then began swinging before landing on top of the building.

Luz sat in the snow. "How did I get stuck with the retired and homeless Spider-Witch?!"

She then hit a rock in frustration, only for the rock to crack open. "That's new."

But then, there was the sound of a car pulling up, so being the lookout, Luz did just that...only for her eyes to widen in horror when Belos himself stepped out of the car. Memories of what happened to her version of Spider-Witch replayed, but she shook them off.