Into The Owl-Verse (Part 9)

Later that evening, Luz swung into her dorm room and tore off her mask...and then she screamed as she began throwing and smashing everything she could in utter anger and agony. She didn't care why she was doing it or how, she just needed to let out this pain.

She then grabbed her notebook filled with all her art and tossed it right out of the window...only for the book to suddenly be tossed back into her arms.

Then, Eda gently climbed into the room, along with the other Spiders. "Hey, Luz...you okay...?"

Luz didn't answer, holding back tears.

"...we've all been there." Eda said, her heart clenching as she set a hand on Luz's shoulder. "For me...it was my dad."

Gus then walked over. "For me...it was my mother."

Willow then held her goggles, gently rubbing them with her thumb. "For me, it...it was my best friend..."

Amity turned towards her and then looked at Luz. "I lost mine too..."

Orion then sniffled, wiping his eyes and nose as he sat on the bed. "I-I lost my papa too...Luz...the hardest part of this job is...that you can't always save everybody..."

Luz wiped her eyes and took a deep breath. "It was my fault...you don't understand..."

Amity walked over and held Luz's hand. "Luz, we are probably the only ones in the world who do understand..."

But then, the door began to open. The Spiders quickly leapt onto the ceiling, awkwardly crowding together so they wouldn't be seen.

Then, Luz's roommate, Dana, walked in and sat on a chair as she began reading a comic with headphones on.

The Spiders kept going from side to side to avoid being seen, trying to stay as quiet as possible...before eventually Dana looked up and her eyes widened.

Luz blinked. "...hey?"

"Are puppet shows in this universe normal, cause I could calm her down with that." Orion suggested.

But sure enough, Dana fainted.

After tucking Dana into bed while hoping she would think what she just saw was a dream, Luz saw Amity going onto the edge of the window. "Amity...?"

"...goodbye, Luz." Amity said. "...I...I hope we meet again..." She whispered before hopping out the window.

Luz turned to Eda. "What's going on?"

"Luz. We came to say goodbye."

"We can say goodbye at The Collider." Luz said, her eyes narrowing.

Eda sighed. "You don't get it. You're staying here."

"I need to be there so you can all go home." Luz said.

Eda's eyes softened and then she held up the goober. "They are going home. I'm staying."

"...you're taking my place?" Luz asked. "But...what about your home...?"

Eda sighed. "I'm doing what needs to be done. My dimension will be fine without me."

"What about Raine?"

Eda's eyes widened at the mention of them before she took a deep breath. "Some things just don't work out, kid..."

"That's not fair! You have to tell them I can do this!!!" Luz cried.

Eda held up her hand. "It wasn't their choice."

"I gotta make Belos pay!!! You have to let me make him pay!!!"

"Luz, you're going to get yourself killed."