Into The Owl-Verse (Part 8)

Luz went to the one place she always felt comfortable. Her dad's place. But, much like last time when she attempted to interrogate Eda, her dad wasn't there, likely out on a job.

So, all she could really do was write a note and leave it for him.

'Dear Dad, I gotta do something and I don't know if I can do it. I'm scared, Dad. I'm just tired of letting everybody down. You're the only one I can talk to. I just wish you were here.'

Luz was about to sign her name before her eyes widened when she suddenly heard someone stepping on the rails outside. She squinted, trying to see who it was...until she saw all too familiar gauntlets grip the window to open it.

In fear, Luz hid and went invisible at the same time.

Then, The Claw walked into the room and looked around, as silent as ever. He began walking around before looking behind the couch where Luz was hiding, his visor glowing a bright red.

Luz covered her mouth, trying to quiet herself and keep herself from making any noise at all. She felt like she was in some kind of horror movie, and The Claw was the murderer.

But then, there was a ringing sound. The Claw then tapped his ear and began speaking, his voice deep and almost robotic due to his mask. "Hello, Mr. Wittebane. I've got the security tape from the tunnel right here. If the kid's out there...I'll find them."

Then, he pulled off his mask...revealing the once kind and gentle face of her father, Manny Noceda.

"You know me, sir. I don't ever quit." Manny said.

Luz watched in absolute horror at the mere sight of her father. The one she felt so safe and accepted around...was trying to kill her...

Not knowing what else to do, she ran for it, leaping out the window, grabbing onto the rail and leaping down to the ground and beginning to run as fast as her legs could carry her. She ran and ran, bumping into several people as it caused her to go visible again.

But then, she heard the revving sound of a motorcycle and she whipped around to see The Claw on a bike and driving after her.

Luz's eyes widened in terror and she spun out a web and leapt into the air, trying her hardest to remember what Eda taught her as she swung away. She then landed on a moving truck, but The Claw quickly chased after her and slammed his claws into the side of the truck, likely trying to climb on.

The young Spider then hopped onto the front of the truck, with The Claw ripping out his hand and slicing one of the wheels of the truck. The truck started to swerve from side to side before suddenly? It crashed into two cars, which Luz just barely found an opening to hop through and then swing away.

The Claw, however, had just barely hopped off his motorcycle in time and was now watching Luz swing away. His visor glowed a bright red as he began to follow her in the shadows.

Meanwhile, Willow was hard at work on the 'Owl House's computer, typing with her regular hands while her mechanical spider-legs did the work on the actual goober, with the edges having transformed into various tools to help her get the job done faster.

She even had some headphones in, bobbing her head to the music playing as she typed. And then, all she needed left was a spider logo on the goober, which she implanted immediately.

Then, Willow was tapped on the shoulder and she turned her head, taking out her headphones. And since her Spider-Sense didn't go off, she knew she wasn't in danger.

"Oh! Amity! What's up?" She asked as she lifted her goggles.

"How's the goober?" Amity asked.

"Done and improved. This thing could survive just about anything." Willow grinned. "All we gotta do is shove this baby into the Collider's control panel, hop through the portal, one of us will push the button, and BAM! We're home."