XXVIII - room service

"This place is amazing"

Kat stared out the window at the cityscape admiring all the lights and bustle. It wasn't New York but it was pretty damn close and it made her feel like she was back home. As much as she was starting to get used to the quiet life of Hawkins, it was nice to come somewhere where things felt familiar to her upbringing.

"I thought you'd like it" Billy replied.

He was sat on the bed flicking through the the room service menu as Kat took in the space and the view. It wasn't a fancy room or anything but it was modern and clean and had a great view of the city that she already knew she would fall asleep looking out at.

"I love it" She breathed.

He smiled back, glad that he could make her happy. He had been planning it all week, though he wanted to take her to New York, it was just too difficult; it was too expensive, would take too long and he wasn't sure if it would make her more sad than anything.

"I've been a few times, it's nice to get a break from Hawkins sometimes" He explained.

He knew himself what it was like to miss home and although the town itself was quaint and friendly, it was pretty sparse when you were used to such a bigger city with lots to do and see.

"Thanks for bringing me" She smiled.

She sat down beside him on the bed feeling giddier than she had in months. She couldn't help but wonder what this all meant but she didn't want to spoil the moment and ask. Surely it made them more than just friends with benefits?

"So what's the plan?" She asked.

She checked the time which now read a little after 10pm as he put down the menu and pulled her closer, taking full advantage of having a space to themselves that didn't involve younger siblings nearby or having to whisper to be inconspicuous.

"Well.." He started "If you really wanted to then we could go out but i was thinking we could just spend the night in here and do all that tourist stuff tomorrow"

She was taken aback, she thought for sure Billy would jump at the chance to go out and party all night long especially in a city that has more than just a few bars.

"I have some wine and beers in the trunk of my car we can work through, we can order some room service and find a movie" He continued "I don't know...maybe that's boring"

She could see he was slightly flustered while explaining his idea, probably because he'd never really spent time with girls in this kind of manner and she thought it was sweet that he'd put in so much effort.

"Sounds perfect" She nodded.

"Yeah? You sure?" He replied nervously.

"I mean as long we can order dessert" She smirked.

"Deal" He nodded concealing his own smirk.

He gathered the booze from his car and cracked open the first bottle of wine, pouring them each a cup. Kat tried to not grimace as she took the first sip, it wasn't that she didn't like wine but she didn't drink it often and was used to much sweeter beverages.

She was glad she didn't need to go to all the effort of getting dressed up and doing her hair. Instead, she got to sit on a massive and soft bed with her comfiest clothes and it felt so nice. She was used to being a party animal, even when she was with Jacob back in New York, they always went out and rarely had nights in like this. She thought she liked being a party animal but there was something so comforting about staying in and just talking to Billy about everything and anything.