Chapter 37

Rosabella's Pov
Dad had fainted because of the stress and he had to take bed rest for a few days but thankfully he made a full recovery
Alex couldn't bear to see dad in that condition and he partially blamed himself for him being so stressed but dad assured him that it wasn't his fault and he commended Alex for protecting me and mom back then
Dad finally let us meet mom but it was only to say goodbye because dad he took full custody of me and denied mom visitation rights
Alex and l tried to convince him otherwise but he was adamant and he wouldn't change his mind but atleast Alex can meet her if he wants and l can always throw a tantrum and dad would let me have my way.
I finally accepted Elena as my dad's wife but l told dad that she will never be anything more than his wife to me and my brothers agreed with me because despite how many mistakes our mom made she is still our mother.
I finally got to meet my grandparents, uncles and aunts and that was one of the best days of my life as they all pampered me to no end.
My grandmother hasn't stopped feeding me the last few days because she thinks that l should put on more fat and honestly l like it.
My grandfather always carries me on his lap to feed me and tell me stories and he looks at me with adoration, whenever the boys tease me l just scream his name and he comes to scold them.
My uncles spoil me to no end and l help my aunts clean and l also enjoy our girl time when they paint my nails and stuff.
I enjoyed spending time with my cousins as well but Xavier was a bit hesitant in being alone with me at first and when l found out it was because of Alexa l gave her a piece of my mind thanks to therapy for my newly found confidence.
l have also sstarted therapy and it actually helps having to talk to someone about your feelings and your thoughts but l don't talk much about what happened before l stayed with mom.
Alexa hasn't really been causing trouble at home and infact you can hardly notice she lives here and l think it's because everyone has been giving me all the attention and l think it's okay for her to feel left out because l would too though l don't think she would feel sorry for me if the roles were reversed.
As for my selective mutism l haven't stopped talking since the day we spoke about what happened a year back and dad couldn't be more proud of me and infact am proud of myself too because l've come a long way.