Chapter 49

"Someone overslept today "nonna said when l entered the kitchen. My grandparents refused to leave with my uncles and their families and nonna is obsessed with feeding me.
"l just don't feel too good" l mumbled as l laid my head on the kitchen table.
"And why is that" she asked looking at me worriedly and l smiled at her reassuringly because she was over the top when it came to me.
"l feel like life is passing me by, l don't know if it makes sense but it's just how l feel these days" l said peering at her and she laughed.
"Uhh" l exclaimed and she came to my side and gave me a side hug.
"You're about to turn sixteen baby and l get why you feel like that" she said.
"You do??"
"Yeah, when l was your age l had gotten myself into quite a lot of trouble but you've never experienced that" she said cupping my cheek and l smiled in appreciation.
"Then help me behave like a normal sixteen year old " l said smiling expectantly at her.
"It doesn't work like that baby, l think it just comes naturally "she said looking at me thoughtfully and my heart sank a bit.
"How about you start by going to school and making friends "she said giving me her puppy dog eyes but l wasn't the one who needed convincing.
"Do you think dad will agree" l murmured but she grinned at me.
"Your dad can't say no to one person"
"And l happen to be that one person " l concluded and we both laughed.
"What are you both up to" Grandpa asked standing in the threshold.
"Nothing, you know l don't get myself into any trouble " l said moving towards him and kissing his cheek and nonna scorfed playfully at him.
"l trust you but l know your nonna , she can even change a saint" he said pecking my forehead ,winking at her and l smiled.
"l suppose you're that saint" nonna said looking at grandpa with a twisted smile and he smiled adoringly at her. Talk about couple goals l swooned.
"Now you're gonna get it " l said to him leaving the two of them in the kitchen but l heard my nonna shouting that l haven't had food.Before l could respond l bumped into Elena and by the look in her eyes l had no doubt she was serious last night.
"Did you do what l asked" she said pulling my arm roughly and l winced at the pain.
"l haven't seen my dad today but l'll talk to him" l said trying to reassure her.
l wonder why dad didn't see it before but Elena was downright crazy. You could see it in her eyes when she spoke to me and l wonder how she could be a mother. l didn't have the best experiences when it came to mothers but both my mother and Elena were terrible mothers who didn't deserve to have children.

https://m.dreame.com/novel/138042112?auto_jump=false&link_type=1&utm_campaign=app_share_copyLink&utm_source=sns_en_apppromo&directedId=138042112