chapter 5

Cyrelas

She aggregates me . And I swear if I don't get her out my face right now , I'm going to do something both of us are going to hate.

I want to pin her against that wall and.... Nevermind.

The party has been going on for a while now . And of course as always the queen has a speech to deliver to the town .

"Ok , I would like to send my special regards to all of you here for being able to attend. As we all know, the bride season is upon us. I hope your daughters are able to participate and contribute their endless beauty ."

My mother says and they clap . I look around and find her looking at Vittorio. She's smiling, that's a first . I guess from different angles some people can say she has a pleasing smile , but I'm not on that angle.

"Hopefully the prince shall be charmed by one of your angels this season . We have decided that he's going to be looking for one ."

I look at my mother wide eyed . When did we decide that.  I didn't even know that I'm going to be choosing a bride and all this minions are clapping.

"Even though we already know who the bride is , Lady Ludovica..."

My mother calls her teasingly and I just want to get away from her . I look at Ludovica and she's smiling and blushing as everyone is looking at her. She's beautiful, but I feel like... I don't know how I feel but she's better off as a friend. "

....

I look around as everyone is enjoying.

"I didn't know you were looking for a bride."

Vittorio says and I can tell he wants to laugh at my misery. He knows I didn't know anything about this or I would've told him.

"Oh , I forgot to tell you I guess." I say sarcastically and Vittorio laughs.

"Sure up and go call Lady Ludovica to meet at our spot. "

Vittorio leaves and I see him talking to Sybil. Oh great , now she knows. Vittorio comes back and I look at him.

"Why didn't you go straight to Ludovica. I don't trust that your little friend will tell her."

"She is telling her right now."

I turn to see Sybil talking to Ludovica and the look at us.

"Let's go." I say and we leave the ball.

"I don't think you should do it with Sybil here."

"I don't care about her. She's not my maid , if Ludovica wants her , she has to stay. "

.....

Sybil

We go outside and I look at the garden and I find Vittorio outside.

"What's going on ?"

I ask him and he just looks away . He comes with us showing the way and I see a small hut-like house.

Lady Ludovica looks at me before going in alone .

"What's going on?"

I ask Vittorio and he just  looks away . Seconds later I hear items falling and I look at Vittorio. How is he keeping a straight face. I decide to be like him and look forward with a straight face . This is absolutely disgusting. It gets worse when you hear the sounds. I want to go home.

....

Lady Ludovica gets out and tells me to wait and she goes into the garden. The prince gets out and I look at him in a disgusting way . He looks at me with no emotion on his face and we look at each other . I look him up and down before leaving.

Lady Ludovica comes out and I don't look at her.

"Sybil , I apologize for that."

"It's ok." I say giving her smile. I know this doesn't take away her sweetness. She's still the Lady Ludovica I met earlier.

"May I ask my Lady?"

"Of course..."

"Is he going to marry you ?" Lady Ludovica looks at me before nodding with a smile. Oh really Now? I nod and follow her back inside.

....

I let out a breath as I jump on my bed and I feel light . Today was quite an adventure.

Genevieve comes inside looking like a complete disaster.

"Are you ok?"

"Of course not . I just want to sleep."

"Me too . Is it normal here to explore people having...it?"

"Who do you see ?"

"No one , just curious. Heard people talking."

"Well , yeah . It's normal. I'm going to sleep now. By the way miss Julie said tomorrow we can wake up at 7 in the morning not 4."

"Oh , that's great. I need the extra time."

We both drift to sleep. I hated this day.