chapter 6

Sybil

I look at Vittorio who's standing next to the prince who is doing a public speech. It's been a week since the ball and most girls have been preparing to be pretty and coming next to the palace for the prince to notice them.

I see Vittorio looking at Gen, I still can't believe there's a thing going on between them, not that I'm complaining. I smile as I see the way they're looking at each other . My smile drops when I see the prince already looking at me. He's probably done now, it's been long.

"The prince is so hot . His bride will be one lucky woman."

"Dear, you can be his bride."

"No mom , that is not possible. There's lady Ludovica and the prince likes her . She doesn't even have to try hard. All she has to do is just show up."

I look at the mother and the daughter that are talking about the prince. Is Lady Ludovica and the prince that serious. I can the way Lady Ludovica looks at the prince. It's pure love but I don't see the same look in the prince's eyes. Maybe it's just my eyes , but I have grown to Lady Ludovica so I really care about her. I can tell she's into the prince . Me and her are friends now you can say . She even asks for me to come at her house . She has a very beautiful big home.

Right now she's standing next to Princess Valentina. She's already a part of this family . She looks at me and I smile. She smiles at me before talking to the queen. I've never even said hi to the queen. I'm sure she doesn't even know me.

....

"Today was quite pleasant." Lady Ludovica says with a flashing smile and I nod . We are back to the palace .

"Well, I have decided that I'm having a one time sleep over here. So I hope you entertain me."

"Really? Is it allowed to just come to the palace and sleep ?"

"Yeah , if you're family." Lady Ludovica says with a proud smile.

"I think you're thinking way ahead of the situation...oh no I'm sorry I know I'm crossing boundaries an- "

"No no. It's ok Sybil. I like that you're comfortable to talk to me anyhow . Isn't that what friends do , tease each other . And I wanted you to start calling me Ludovica."

"Really, are you sure.?"

"Yeah , but take note . You only say it when we're alone . Not with anyone, you might get into trouble."

"Of course... Ludovica. It sounds nice with the Lady label."

Ludovica chuckles and we head upstairs. I never really went upstairs, but it's good knowing that I'm not risking anything since I'm serving Ludovica.

"I'm guessing you're going to the prince's room . "

"Yeah , I know you don't like him." I stop and look at Ludovica. She stops too with a knowing smile.

"How did y-"

"You don't admire the prince like everyone does. Which is impossible. Even when you see him , your face changes from angelic to devilish . Not in a bad way."

"I think you're pretty rare Sybil . Not everyone can resist the prince . So you can go back if you want."

"No , I'm going to stay with you. That's what friends do right?"

"Thank you ."

....

I look at Vittorio. Why is he always serious during this... experience.

"How do you live with someone like this."

"He's my best friend. We don't judge our friends."

"I'm not jug- "

"You are Sybil. If you have something to say about the prince , it better not he infront of me . "

I look away feeling hurt. But I get where he's coming from. I wouldn't want to hear anything bad about my best friend too.

"I'm sorry . "

"It's ok . As long as you know now."

"I shall behave infront of you from now on."

"Thank you."

.....

Cyrelas

I look up at the ceiling and I get up . I get dressed and open the door. I find Vittorio and Sybil sleeping on the ground. They probably didn't even realise.

"Vittorio... Vittorio "

"Uhmm."

"Wake up . Are you listening."

Vittorio rubs his eyes and he looks at me.

"What time is it?"

"My watch says it's 9 at night. You should go sleep . Duty 's over. "

"Where's Sybil ?" He asks and I move away so he can see her .

"Ugh. I told her to go . Can you please wake her."

I look at Sybil before looking away and I slightly Koch her.

"Oh my gosh , HITLER.! "

She shouts and snapping out of her sleep. I look at her shocked as Vittorio is laughing.

"What's going on . " She asks rubbing her eyes and pouting her lips . I smile a bit and when I realise I stop immediately.

"You're ok Sybil. Let's go to bed."

Vittorio says getting up and Sybil looks at me . She gives me that look again . God I hate her , she thinks she's perfect . She always gives me this look as if she's seeing an old toilet . I don't care about what anybody thinks about me because at the end of the day , I got more power.

They get up and leave together.

Vittorio says something to her and she chuckles. Her little laugh is very different from the personality I gathered from her for the time I've known her. I go in and find Ludovica getting dressed .

"I have to go before anyone sees me."

She says and after she's done walks to me.

"You should leave."

She nods before leaving. I know she wanted to kiss but....