7- Truth or Dare?

A.N- This chapter gets a bit odd and somehow ends up with Sirius hugging Kreacher and Tonks discussing who she'd snogged, but who cares? You can skip coz its not that important, I just wanted a laugh.

No POV-

"What happened to Tonks's face?" Hermione Granger asked the two boys opposite. Her, Ron and Harry were sitting in the study, talking and joking about with each other.

"I think it was Remus." Harry replied solemnly, sitting up straighter and leaning in slightly, "It was full moon last night and well, he's really sad now."

"I'm bored." Ron complained suddenly, standing up and starting to leave the room, "You coming Harry?"

He nodded and got to his feet as well, shrugging at Hermione as he followed Ron from the room. Hermione leant back on the sofa, tucking her knees up to her chest.

It was at that moment that Ginny and the twins walked in, mischievous grins on each of their faces.

"I know that look." Hermione sighed heavily, "What have you got planned for me?"

"Well we were just thinking..." Ginny started.

"That we need a game." Fred continued evilly.

"Up for truth or dare?" George finished, sitting next to her with a wide smile, "We'll get Sirius, Remus and Tonks as well. Come on, it'll be banter. And that is one thing we all need right now."

"Fine." She replied with a small smile, rolling her eyes slightly but perking up a bit, "I'll play."

It only took about a minute for them to all be sat around the coffee table. Tonks, Sirius, the twins and Ginny had identical evil smirks on their faces. Whereas Remus and Hermione looked rather uncomfortable and nervous, understandable of course. Sirius and the twins were there.

"Sirius, truth or dare?" Fred started, looking at the Marauder with a worrying glint in his eye.

"Dare, why not." Sirius replied, grinning confidently.

"Hug Kreacher." The ginger haired boy replied without hesitation, to much congratulations and shrieks of protest. Sirius tried to argue, but between Ginny and Tonks, they dragged him and the houself together. The hug was short and full of disgust, but to screams of laughter from all sides.

"I hate you Weasley." Sirius fumed as he sat back down, but after the effects of a biscuit that turned him into a canary, he decided to stop with the death threats, "Truth or dare Tonks?" He asked, the grumpy screen gone in seconds as he became eager for the game to continue.

"Truth." She shrugged, still laughing slightly.

"Who was it who gave you the best kiss you ever had?" Sirius grinned innocently as her face and hair blushed an identical shade of bright red. The lycanthrope opposite him but his lip and looked away, a mixture of anger and jealousy visible on his face.

"I can't answer that." She gasped, eyes occasionally flickering over to Remus though she tried to stop them.

"Well start by listing all the boys you've ever kissed." George prompted triumphantly, his eyes glistening.

"Well..." Tonks hesitated slightly as Remus held her gaze for a couple of seconds, "Umm... I kissed Dan in second year, Jamie and Toby in third, Charlie was the only one in fourth and fifth." She blushed even harder as the twins exchanged horrified glances, catching the direct reference to their older brother, "And Ali in seventh, but I was drunk and won't remember."

"You snogged with Ali!" Ginny screeched, remembering the friend of Charlie's who used to visit. He was built like a wrestler, huge muscles and a chiselled face, "You and Ali," she repeated, still in a state of shock, "Bloody hell."

"Sorry, it was end of year thing and I was drunk." Tonks shrugged, also regretting it, "And then I kissed Matty, who wasn't that bad actually, and one other and that's it. I don't really remember most of them though."

"Well who was the 'one other' we didn't hear about then?" Fred asked, trying to riddle out the nervous looks Tonks kept shooting at the older two.

"I'd rather not say. Its a bit..." She blushed even darker, looking between her cousin and crush in turn. Then, slowly but surely, it clicked in Remus's head.

She had followed him when they went to transform, he had shouted, she had shouted and they... no, he wouldn't. But did he? Yes, he was sure of it, he had kissed Nymphadora Tonks, his long time crush and quite possibly the most beautiful woman alive.

"Me." He blurted before he could stop himself. The four children gasped, looking between their ex teacher and friend in horror. Sirius was on the floor, howling with laughter as Tonks's blush grew even more pronounced on her face, "Was it?" He asked quickly, heart pounding in his chest.

"Yeah." The young woman replied meekly, looking down at her feet. A throbbing happiness and joy pulsed through Remus's body, but it gradually turned sour. He could never put her in danger, she was far too precious to him. Being with a werewolf could result in her never having a job, being a social outcast like he himself. These were the bitter thoughts that plagued Remus's mind, like a descending illness upon a weak soul.

He stood and nearly ran from the room, tears already forming in his eyes, what had he done? They called after him, but he didn't stop until he was out of the house and disapparating away, leaving only a small pop behind him.

No one in the study bothered to follow, knowing how bad he felt and how he needed time to himself. They continued to play, asking no questions, but it was never quite as fun without Remus. No matter how much effort she put in, Tonks could never stop her thoughts from drifting. And well, it was never exactly hard to guess what, or rather who, she was thinking about.