37- You're joking

She didn't care. It wasn't a big thing to her, having spent years in dormitories with other people, it didn't matter so much. Remus of course, prude as ever, often found himself blushing whenever she walked around in just a top and underwear. It was one of those mornings; where Dora had just not found the motivation to dress so was lounging about in just one of his shirts and a pair of socks.

"I'm thinking of going over to Molly's today." She told him whilst serving his breakfast, "I'm what, three months now? Wanna see how its going."

"Sure." He nodded, "Want me to come?"

"If ya feel like it." She smiled, looking down at the growing bump of her child. Dora was already sick and tired of having to put up with sweet smiles from old ladies whenever out in public, but knew it could only get worse. Her stomach was already annoyingly rounded, making most things in her wardrobe no longer an option. But there was still the amazing thrill of being able to look down and have a curve in the way.

"Sure." Remus grinned, "Now go put some clothes on." She stuck her tongue out at him, but got to her feet and left the table nonetheless.

She reappeared at the foot of the stairs five minutes later, an unsure look on her face. "Does this dress make the bump look stupid?" She asked seriously, turning sideways and looking at Remus. She was wearing a hugging black dress, going to midway down her thighs, and a red leather jacket, hair shoulder length and dirty blonde.

"You look gorgeous." Remus answered truthfully, getting up and walking over to pull her into a tight hug.

"Aww, thanks beautiful." She smiled at him, gently kissing the end of his nose, "I've messaged Mols, told her we're coming over. She said anytime we felt like it."

"Let's go then." He chuckled, slipping his hand into hers, "I'm sure she'll be delighted to see you. She'll probably be annoyed at me though."

"I don't mind." Dora said seriously, looking up at him, "You came back. And that's all me and baby need."

*

"Hello Remus." Molly said curtly as she welcomed the two through the door, glaring at the man with an unfamiliar fury in her brown eyes, "Didn't think I'd be seeing you again so soon."

"I'm sorry." He mumbled guiltily, "But I've explained everything to Dora. Its all fine. I hope."

Molly huffed in indignation, closing the door behind them with more force than necessary. She led the two through the house, stopping briefly in the kitchen to pick up a pot of tea before continuing through into the living room. She sat opposite them, setting the tea alongside two mugs, summoning one more.

"So how's it going?" She asked Dora, ignoring Remus completely, "Fed up yet?"

"Yes." The young woman replied instantly, "I'm just so tired all the time, it kills. And all the looks I get from people. Drives me mad."

"I was about your age when I had Charlie." Molly agreed, "It does get tiring after a while. And you're not even halfway there yet."

"Merlin don't remind me." She groaned, "Its already cancelled out half my clothes."

"You are quite big considering how early on you are." The mother of seven said thoughtfully, "Are you sure you're only three months?"

"Positive." Remus tilted his head to one side, confused, "I don't ... no, no, only three."

"Do you want me to take a look?" Molly asked, sitting forwards a bit and taking out her wand when the two nodded. She beckoned Dora in slightly, still ignoring Remus. With a warm smile, the older woman ran the tip of the decorative wood over the whole of the younger girl's stomach. A few seconds later, she pulled away and, with a flick of her wand, a large image was projected out into the air before them. A rough, scratchy and grainy image that didn't really make any sense to Remus, but it still made him emotional when he picked out the outline of the small body. Suddenly, Molly gasped.

"No way." Dora did the same, leaning in and studying the picture even closer, "Molly is that...?"

"Two." The reply came as, "Dora its twins!" Remus hugged his wife close in to him, looking in shock at the two small lives that were projected up in front of him. A few moments later, he heard the most magical sound he ever thought possible. Echoing out of Molly's wand were two faint heartbeats, just out of time with each other. He put a trembling hand on Dora's stomach, watching on the image as the two future babies wriggled around each other.

"Twins." He murmured, unable to stop himself from crying as the sound of the two hearts echoed in his skull, "Two. Our twins. Sorry, its just..." He looked away, trying to swallow his tears, "Beautiful."

"Yeah." Dora breathed, her hand on top of his as the image began to disappear, "Merlin, two of them. Can't wait."

"Congrats Dora." Molly smiled brightly, but then her tone darkened and she turned, nodding towards the kitchen door as she spoke, "Remus can I talk to you for a second?"

"Course." The lycanthrope nodded, rising to his feet, though much to his wife's protest against it. It was at convenient moment that Arthur walked in and, sensing the tension in the air, started up an animated conversation with Dora. With one last smile at the young woman, Molly led Remus out of the room, into the empty kitchen.

"You can't leave her again." She said sternly as she faced him, "Not now. She needs you Remus. You destroyed her the first time, now all three need you. You cannot screw this up. She loves you so much."

"I love her too." He said instantly, "More than anything. I was just shocked; I didn't want a family. But now, I...I can't stop now can I? And I don't want to. Not any more."

"Just... keep her safe." Molly said, looking through to where her husband and the young woman were laughing, "Don't let her get hurt. Please."

A.N-

Plot twist!!!!!! Comment here what you think of the twins idea. I'll take good and bad comments:-).

Rhea
--x--