Secretly Famous Part 4

Part 4

Of course I can’t get in my favourite dress. I am too fat. I blame myself for not trying it on before I packed it down. I wanted beige, but I guess a turquoise will be just as good. I bought it earlier this week in case something like this would happen. I love my new dress, it is actually better looking, but a favourite is a favourite. Finally finished I inspect myself in the mirror and adjust my sideway ponytail so my hair falls perfectly down my shoulder and the thin chiffon dress.

”You look rich girl.” I say to myself. ”Confidence, don’t let them smell anything else.” I give myself a smile after putting some extra lip gloss on.

-

I arrive quite late to the celebrity party. I attend these too often, but it is a part of my life and it is important that I am seen out a lot. I have been rehearsing all day, socialising will be a good for me. The press is here of course and everyone is eager to talk with me personally about my time-out. Tomorrow is my concert and I am looking forward to it. It makes it worth the pain to smile through a whole evening. All kind of stars is here tonight, musicians, models, actors and other important people who counts. The flat is huge and everyone is enjoying themselves and servants is walking around with appetizers and drinks.

I find myself stuck with a few younger people who won’t stop talking.

”Is it Rick?” Allie asks right out. ”Is he afraid you are working too much?”

She is a teenage actor and her brown hair is perfectly curled to shoulder length. Her dark skin is so pretty with the yellow dress she is wearing.

”Yes,” I lie smoothly with a smile. ”We both need a break. Not that I really can call it a break when I will be writing songs instead.”

”Poor thing! You should guest star in my show! I am sure you can get in there if I ask.”

”I will definetly tell Rick to give Paul a call.” I ensure her and wave over to Jamie who just entered the party quite late with the tiniest girl I ever seen. Leila is a famous profile for children programmes and I wonder if my child will see her on TV too in three years. I walk over to them and give Jamie a hug before turning to his nervous date who is shorter than my shoulders. I guess her height mixes well with the children. She is really pretty with freckles and light brown hair.

”I’m Darlene, nice to meet you.” I say and give her a fast polite hug. I am only allowed to shake hands with men and older women. Rick thought it would be better for my reputation if I was more friendly with my greetings and he was right.

”Hi, it is very nice to meet you,” she answers with a hint of a smile.

”I love your dress, that green colour really makes your eyes come out.” I compliment her.

”Not as pretty green as yours,” she can’t help to respond.

”Oh, please!” I laugh. ”We all know I wear contacts.”

Leila still feel uneasy in my company despite my efforts. Better retreat then.

”You make a cute couple,” I whisper into Jamie’s ear and then notice the jealousy shining from Leila’s eyes. It can’t be easy to measure up to his ex-girlfriend. ”I’ll let you two mingle. I haven’t seen Anna for ages and she’s waiting for me at the bar tables.”