Secretly Famous Part 5

Part 5

My father was pleased to hear about my relationship with Matt. I wonder if his parents will feel the same?

”Are you nervous?”

”Yes.” I let my head rest on Matt’s shoulder in the cab. He stroke my arm gently and I smile. ”This feels nice though.”

”I know,” he answer with a grin. ”We are here now.”

The cab stops outside a large wooden house. The garden is huge and I see a glimpse of a swimming pool in the backyard. It is nothing like the expensive flat my dad lives in, this is actually a nice home for a family.

”I guess you grew up here?”

”Yeah, I did.”

He pays the driver and we just walk right into the house without knocking on the door. The whole interior in the house can only be described as classy, everything looks like it is made by a designer. We hear people talk and we find them in the living room.

”Mom, dad,” Matt greets his parents who is drinking coffee wearing casual but expensive clothes. ”This is my girlfriend Molly, I’ve been seeing her for a while. We are here to tell you we are going to be a family from now on. It is hard to picture at the moment but we will have a baby in six months.”

They both froze as they heard the news but then they plaster a smile on their lips and congratulates us.

”It is so nice to meet you Molly,” Mrs Gregory says. ”Please sit down so I can talk with you.”

I do what she asks me to.

”You have a lovely home,” I compliment her.

”Thank you dear. What family are you from?”

Right on spot, the rumours are true then. I just have to do my best to impress this woman, though I know I don’t have a chance. No one can be good enough for her son.

”My father is Trey Williams.”

I see recognition in her eyes and she gives me a genuine smile.

”How is Trey doing? I don’t believe I have met you before.”

”He is fine. He never asked me to participate in any events, so that is why no one knows me. I remind him too much about my mother. It hurts him as he still loves her.”

”A tragic story, it must have been hard to lose a mother at such a young age.”

”It was.”

”Did you talk with your father yet about you and Matt?”

”We just saw him, he was very excited about being a grandfather. My brother and sister wasn’t there so I still need to see them.”

Matt and his father discussed work so I was stuck talking with Mrs Gregory. I had her hawk eyes over me as she evaluated me. She kept asking me personal questions and I told her everything I could without revealing my secret. I had to go to the bathroom and on my way back to the living room I hear Mrs Gregory talk with Matt and I stop when I hear her talking about me.

”Are you serious Matt? That girl was abandoned from the Williams family and home schooled by her aunt! How is she going to make you look any good? People are expecting you to get a good match. She probably got pregnant on purpose.”

It hurts to hear her say something like that. No one has ever spoken like that about me before. Not so I could hear it at least.

”Mom, I love her,” he replies. ”Nothing else matters. She is a wonderful girlfriend and will be a good mother. Give her a chance and please be nice to her.”