Secretly Famous Part 13

Part 13

I look through the window to see a small white delivery truck parked outside. Finally it is here, I was starting to think that they wouldn’t come. My brother follows me to the door where the delivery man is waiting for me.

”Miss Williams?” he asks me.

”Yes, that’s me.”

”I have a flower delivery to you from a Mr J. A. Will you sign here please?”

I sign my name where he wants me to and a few delivery men starts to unload the truck. I gasp when I see the white beautiful roses in large bouquets. They are tied with red large ribbons. They are absolutely breathtaking. This is so like him to send me flowers like these. Darlene is often called The White Rose. The delivery man gives me a white envelope.

”There are two dozens of them. Just tell the men where you want them and they will arrange it for you.”

”Thank you,” I smile to him and takes out the card inside it.

Hi Darling!

I am sorry I can’t be there with you on your big day.

I wish you all the best and I hope you will have a lovely evening.

The picture is from when we last saw each other.

I hope I can make it to your wedding instead.

Love Jamie

It is hand written and signed by Jamie himself. I take the picture from behind the note and see me and Jamie smiling back at me. We look happy and totally gorgeous together and I can remember when we took it. It was at a restaurant and Anna had taken the picture. I feel my heart tighten because I miss him. That’s when I notice that my brother is looking over my shoulder and I realise that he saw everything. I put them back into the envelope and press it tight to my chest. I turn around anxiously to see his shocked expression.

”Martin…” I start nervously. ”I can explain. Can we talk about it later? When there is less people around.”

He just nods and walks away scratching his head.

Shit! This was not the way I wanted him to find out. I’m screwed. Totally…

”Miss?” a voice interrupts me.

It is the delivery men who made it inside and they are holding the flowers and are waiting for orders.

”Yes, follow me.” I tell them and instruct them how to place the flowers. They look lovely and I sigh with relief when the delivery men are finished and leaves.

A small pain of fright spreads in my heart and I just smile to all guests and keep walking and looking for my brother. Anne and her friends joins the room and a lot of guests starts to compliment them. Anne waves me over.

”Martin just went to his room looking really pale. Will you see if he is okay?”

”Of course,” I answer guilty. It is my fault he is feeling… How is he feeling? Hurt? Betrayed? I am the worst sister! I should have told them earlier like Matt wanted me too and now it is just becoming to be a big mess.

”Molly!” I hear a screech. It is Mrs Gregory. ”You said you didn’t order any flowers!” she blames me disappointedly.

”I didn’t, these are from a friend wishing me and Matt good luck.”