Secretly Famous Part 14

Part 14

I hear a pair of clapping hands and I turn my head to see Steel standing there. The door is closed behind him and I feel a little bit anxious if anyone else had heard.

”How long have you been here for?” I ask avoiding eye contact. I don’t need his intense eyes to make me all confused.

”I followed you,” he answer me with a smirk. ”And I was worried about my children too since all the nurses are out there.”

”I hope you took some time to give a donation.”

”I did if you must know.”

Albin jumps up next to me on the sofa and my heart melts away just by looking at him.

”Sing more!” he demands excitedly.

”Calm down little guy,” Steel tells his son nicely. ”MD must rest now for the baby.”

”I like babies, I don’t remember Preston being one. Dad can I have a baby?” Albin rambles.

”I am sure MD will let you play with her baby, would you like that?”

He nods eagerly.

”Yes of course, Albin. I would love you and Preston to be friends with my baby. Do you want to feel my belly? The baby is kicking really soft so you must concentrate to feel.”

He jumps off the sofa to hide behind his dad.

”I like babies but it is scary that he is stuck inside of you!” he says scared.

Steel and I both laugh.

”It’s okay, you don’t have to.” I assure him.

The door opens and a gorgeous brunette in a green silky dress and black high heels walks in. If she intend to look sexy she definetly succeeded.

”Shawn! I have been looking all over for you.”

”Hi Salma,” he greets her coldly. ”I was seeing how my boys were doing in here. The hostess can’t look after them all by herself.”

”Do you know Molly from before?” she ask him curiously and a bit jealous?

”Yes, we are in the same business.”

”What kind of business?”

”The parental business,” he says before I decided if I should hit him hard with the guitar or not. ”Now was there something you wanted?” he adds annoyed.

”Well,” She walks up closely to him so I can feel her heavy perfume. ”What are you doing tonight? I’m available.”

”I’m not. I have my boys tonight.”

He step away from her and leaves the room. Salma gives me a dirty look and runs after him. It looks ridiculous but that is not really unusual in our world. I have also been chased by men who wants me and that is disturbing. The nurses comes back with big smiles and one of them walks up to me.

”We raised quite a lot of money here tonight,” she says happily. ”I am going to the hospital to put these boxes away safely, the other nurses will stay for two more hours. Thank you for a nice evening.”

”You’re welcome,” I smile at her and she walks away with two nurses helping her carry the boxes to the car.

”Make sure she arrives to the hospital safely, Walker,” I order my bodyguard who is patiently standing in the hall outside the play room.