Secretly Famous Part 22

Part 22

”This is quite amazing,” Ned says after he listened to mine and Steel’s song. It’s called Something Lost in Paradise and is completely finished now.

”Thanks,” I smile. ”I like to sing rock, it’s exciting.”

”It will definetly become a hit. Your and Shawn’s fans will be thrilled.”

”They better, I don’t work my ass off for nothing.”

It is just after noon and this is one of my endless days in the studio. I’m mostly isolated in here with the recording people. I never had any problems with it before, I used to find the quietness good for my focus but I am missing the sounds from my family life at home. I love my baby and I enjoy the nightly feedings. I don’t allow Matt to get up in the night, I want him to sleep enough so he can care for Lilee during the day.

”You are almost back in shape again.” He shakes his head at me. He’s sitting in the chair next to me. ”I hope you are eating enough, it is stressful to have a baby.”

”I’m alright, Ned. Don’t worry about me.”

”I like your new agent, she is not a pain like Rick was.”

”Yes I agree, I’m very satisfied with her so far. I can’t wait to get out on the road again. Matt wants me to work as much as possible to get this album done. I will have more time to be home after I’m finished here.”

”Your Matt is a good man, Darlene.”
”I know he is. It’s a rollercoaster to get everything to work, but it is worth it. As much as I love to be home with them, I still want to keep working with music.”

”There is no need to quit. You don’t have to work very hard either after the album is done, we will make sure you don’t have to go on long tours. I think Megan said she will focus a lot on bringing you into TV-shows and magazines.”

”I look forward to it. I should even take up on Allie’s offer to be in her show.”

”As in Second light? Your fans will love it. Even Anne is hooked on that series.”

I laugh at his expression, he clearly hates to watch it but I bet his wife forces him to.

”I really hate acting so it better be worth it,” I grimace.

”You are a natural, you can easily switch careers.”

”When hell freezes over.”

”Anyway, this duet with Shawn will be prepared so we can release it as soon as possible. How does that sound?”

”Very exciting. Just tell me when we are making the music video and I’ll be ready.”

”You’re always ready, you were born to do this.”

I smile sadly with a shrug.

”Yeah I guess. It’s just complicated.”

”Fame is complicated. You can never escape it once you are in.”

”Being on stage is the best feeling in the world. I will never give that up.”

”No one is asking you to, everyone is dying for your attention.”

I lean back in my chair with a sigh. I feel tired and confused. My nails are undone, I used to have them manicured all the time.

”I don’t feel very special. I never did, I just love what I do.”