Whipping All Sorts of Things

Why hello! Apparently state tests allow you to sit in class for four hours and watch Harry Potter. Also, I'm debating on getting an iPhone...does that matter? Whoop! Enjoy chapter 12! :)

💛

Chapter 12: Whipping All Sorts of Things

"A truck? Mademoiselle, I was joking about you being blind, but now I'm completely convinced!" Jarvis yelled.

"A Trucker, J. Big, nasty, and definitely bad," Aaron said, reloading both a pistol and an assault rifle. "And it's not going anywhere."

I heard a scoffing sound from behind me and an irritated English accent followed.

"Well, obviously, mate. It's not going to disappear when it has five people to consume!"

I lifted the lock from the door and glared in the rearview mirror before Aaron could argue with Victorian again. "Vic, either load up or shut up!"

I hopped out and heard the other doors slamming behind me as I ran full speed at the trucker. Again, bullets were flying around me, and I had no doubt that they weren't going to hurt the mammoth. This one looked worse than the one Aaron had crushed back in the gun shop: It was larger (if that was possible), and the bastard seemed to move swiftly, as if it wasn't the size of an enlarged SUV.

"Lieutenant! Wait for me, Love!"

Can't slow down now, Victorian. I'll be dead. And that can't happen yet, I thought as I jumped into the air and threw all of my weight into landing one of my katanas in the Trucker's body.

Three gunshots in a succession rang in the air and I heard Stephanie yell, "It won't go down! I just put three in its chest!"

"The head," Aaron answered. "It's weak spot is it's head!"

The trucker didn't seem fazed by the fact that a two and a half foot sword was jutting out of its torso. I didn't even get a squeal of pain.

I did, however, get a smack that sent my sword and I flying back toward the Jeep. The air rushed through my hair, and I landed flat on my back, gasping for oxygen with all types of air knocked out of my lungs.

Scarlett, they definitely weren't capable of a hit like that three days ago, my subconscious said.

I'm well aware, thank you, I replied, groaning as I got to my feet.

I had gotten over the brain talk about a day ago. It wasn't all that bad, really.

"How about this, you bugger?!"

A single shot resonated through the air, and the growl of the Trucker could be heard. Victorian stood there with a gun or what could be considered one.

"Run, Lieutenant! Start it up!" Victorian was waving his arms wildly, pushing people toward the Jeep. "Don't just stand there, Love! Keys, ignition! NOW!"

My arms threw open the driver's door of the vehicle, and I had my hands on the wheel and gear shift at the same time. The Jeep shook as the four of them flew in the doors from all sides.

I wasn't even sure the doors were actually opened.

The trucker was banging on the hood of the Jeep now, attempting to climb atop the car.

"Lieutenant, get away from it!"

"Victorian, you're asking me to run away from a Trucker?" I said as I revved the engine and gripped the wheel. "There's no way-"

"Unless you want to be splattered along the pavement with it, I suggest you go!"

The gas pedal lowered beneath my foot, and I saw the Trucker's hands grip the hood tighter.