Storming is Dragging and Arguing is Disagreeing

HOLA MIS AMORES!!!! I haven't updated in a week, but since I had finals and early release from school, I had time! =.= So the last chapter only has like 11 reads, which is kind of weird because all the first 2 have a bunch more than that. BUT! Anyways................I have nothing more to say. OH! Is it okay if I ask you guys, my sexy-finned merpeople, to spread this story around? I just want people to read and tell me if they like it or not. :'( that's all. Comment, vote, fan, whatever Wattpad-Famous people ask for... (because I'm not.) Enjoy the chapter, you beautiful beasts!

💛

Chapter 4: Storming is Dragging and Arguing is Disagreeing

Sooner, rather than later, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see wide, green eyes squinting down at me with a bright, white smile below them.

"Why, hello there."

I rubbed my eyes quickly and glared at Aaron's face."What do you want?" I asked with irritation. Whether it was from him waking me up, or my thoughts from earlier, I didn't know.

The smile fell from his face, but he maintained a content tone. "The food is ready," he said simply.

I shook my head at him. "I'm not hungry," I lied.

Aaron gave a low sigh and then spoke sternly. "You're lying."

I was fully awake now, and narrowed my eyes while sarcasm flowed through my words. "Now, how would you possibly know whether I'm lying or-"

My witty comeback was interrupted by a loud, endless roar from the pit of my stomach. I dropped my head in obvious defeat and waited for a smug remark from Aaron's mouth. Instead, I felt a hand gently grab my chin, forcing my brown eyes to once again meet with green ones.

"You should eat and drink," Aaron said softly. "You've lost blood today; you need it."

In the back of my mind, I knew I should have been doing something. Pulling my face out of his hand or even rudely asking why he thought he could touch me. But there was only one action on my mind, and I refused to act on it.

His face was inches from mine, waiting for an answer.

I silently nodded my head and he let go of my chin slowly.

"Tacos, right?" I asked in a low voice. A voice that wasn't my own. It was softer, calmer, safer.

That's called being a girl, my brain said.

People are infected with a virus that turns them into mindless cannibals and we're reinforcing gender norms?

Ignoring my subconscious, I watched Aaron nod in response to my question and then give a small smile.

"Are they any good?"

He brought his hand to his mouth in mock anger. "You dare doubt my tacos?!"

I shrugged.

Aaron gave me a bright smile as he gestured toward the door for the second time that day. "After you, Miss Lieutenant."

💛

"This is really good!" I said with a mouthful.

Aaron's mouth formed a large "O" as he watched me swallow a taco nearly whole.

"The first time I hear you speak with anything other than sarcasm in your tone and it's about food. Amazing."

"I resent that statement. Almost as much as I do your sense of humor."

"My sense of humor is perfect, thank you."

I scooted my chair back from the table and walked toward the kitchen sink.