Reservations and Arrivals

Alright you guys, I've officially almost died due to stress. It sucks. So instead of increasing my stress level, I've decided to write finish and publish chapter 6! Whoo! Anyway, I'm not gonna say much because I'm still running on a low/ crappy energy level, and I'm back at soccer. So yeah. I love you guys. Comment! Vote! READ AND ENJOY! :)

💛

Chapter 6: Reservations and Arrivals

"This is not a date."

You wish it was! Hell, I wish it was!

I unlocked my arms from around Aaron's bare waist and made a move to step away from him, but felt his grasp tighten around my middle.

"Where are you going?" I looked up at Aaron's face and saw confusion on it.

"I need to go, uh, clean my swords. You know, all that zombie gunk. They'll rust. You know. Zombie gunk and things like that."

Aaron just stared at me.

"I didn't know that," he said slowly. "Now I do."

"Yeah, so I should go do that." I shifted my body weight backwards and he let go of my waist.

Seriously, Scarlett? You're running from him? He knows now, anyway!

"I thought we were going to tour the hotel. Isn't that what we decided on?"

My heart skipped a couple of beats as I realized what he was doing. Because he realized what I was doing.

Pretending that I didn't just melt into his kiss seemed like an amazing idea at the time. Now that I look back on it, my idiocy was definitely hidden behind my proclaimed genius.

"I don't want to," I said, turning on my heels. "I need to go-"

"Clean your swords. Yeah, you told me that already. Scarlett, you and I both know that your katanas are clean. Gleaming, even."

"I might have missed a spot. I fell asleep while wiping them down. There can be little specks that I skipped over."

"Ah, right."

"And, you know, those little specks can cause them to rust and-I'm right?"

"Yeah, you could have missed something. I did wake you up, so I know you could have possibly made a mistake and cleaned only partially."

My eyebrow twitched as I processed his statement. "Hold on a minute, I don't make mistakes."

"I thought you could have missed a spot or two on your katanas?"

He was goading me.

He's got you. I told you I liked him. You do too.

Hush.

Stop lying to him. You'd think after getting a kiss, you'd be nice to the guy.

And what? I'm being mean? It''s just that-

You feel really awkward right about now?

Quite.

Well, you better get over it and answer him!

"I did," I answered hesitantly. "I think I did, but that isn't a mistake. It's a...delay."

"A delay, huh? Just like arguing is disagreeing?"

I moved to the mouth of the kitchen and turned a glance in his direction. "Funny."

His broad shoulders bounced in a careless shrug and he went and sat down at the table.