Slicing and Searching

So this is the first chapter of my first Wattpad story, my Lovelies! :) I hope ju all like it very, very much! (p.s. I don't think I'm very good at spacing out my paragraphs so...bare with me?) <3 Comment if you want! :))) (I'm so excited right now...)

Subconscious thoughts are italicized, by the way.

💛

Chapter 1: Slicing and Searching

Looking around me, I saw masses of them. You'd think if someone created you, they'd at least try to make you look presentable. I mean, even Frankenstein had game, right? But these guys? Well...these guys were just pitiful. I could see tattered shreds of clothing, blood and scars all over their bodies, and they dragged themselves around with a bad smell to boot. Basically, they were gangly, gross, and altogether disgusting. They were zombies.

I sighed inwardly and then mumbled to myself. "Why is it that you guys always come after me?"

Of course there was no response; they all just watched me for the slightest movement. My senses kicked into overdrive as I pulled out my two katanas and prepared to slice and dice.

"Well, if you all want to be permanently dead, by all means, run."

Next thing I knew, they all descended on me like rabid wolves. I swung in a high arc and clipped off what I saw to be six heads. With a grimace of disgust, I kept swinging and bodies crumbled to the ground. One managed to get close and I roundhouse kicked it into the air. Watching it fly, I jumped up and cut off its head. Twisting my arms in wide high arches, I rummaged through the horde, spinning and slicing everything my swords came into contact with.

Finally, I finished the last one with a slash and looked around at the gore behind me. Bodies everywhere signaled a job "well done." I turned and walked over to a body to rip a piece of clothing off. I wiped off my katanas and began to walk. Hearing the sound of my feet hitting the ground, I was used to the silence of my environment. There were abandoned buildings towering over me as I traveled to an unknown destination. My mind flashed back to when I had first seen the damage left by this viral spread.

Torn curtains, bloody walls, and smashed doorways as far as the eye could see. Claw marks along the floor that looked to be from animals. I knew them to be more than that. They were walking scientifically created diseases. They were dangerous. That much was obvious, and it was then that I had decided that I was going to find out what had happened.

The truth.

Shaking my head softly, I returned my full attention to the present. I was tired, but I continued to push one foot in front of the other. It felt like I had been walking for days when I turned another corner and came upon a gun shop. I cautiously walked in and found the place empty. In the silence, I moved over to a cabinet to look for something to hold my things in. Searching the shelves and drawers of the room, I found a large duffel bag. I smirked at my stroke of luck and began looking for guns and ammo.

After putting a countless amount of weapons in the bag, I heard the sounds of footsteps coming closer and closer towards the shop. I stood up from behind a counter and froze in the middle of my movements when I realized they were the steps of something big.

Heavy.

I reached for my katana and laid in wait for whatever would come. I knew my eyes widened slightly in shock as I saw a human man walk into the store.

Where did you come from?

Staring straight into his eyes, I began to "analyze" him. He was broad and tall; with a lost feel to him. He also looked alert; almost as if when he saw me, he was startled.