Tell Me

Hi babies!!! :) How's everyone? I'M ON SUMMER BREAK, AND I JUST TURNED 16, AND IT'S GREAT. :) I hope everyone at work or school, or wherever is having a great time. I'm gonna be updating a lot more frequently. And whoever you awesome people are, you know, the ones that click and read all this lame zombie-romance drama, THANK YOU. <3

💛

Chapter 8: Tell Me

I knew that I was staring at Victorian with wide eyes.

"What on Earth are you on about now?" Victorian was always an ideological man, and most of his notions, if not all, were always nonsense.

"You're playing dumb with me, Lieutenant?" His voice began to rise with his irritation again. "You're seriously going to tell me that that angry bloke in there doesn't care about you?"

Ooh, even Victorian knows, Scarlett, and he hasn't even been here a day!

I gave a noncommittal shrug, and I heard Victorian let out a string of curses before ending with a "Stubborn as ever, I see..."

"Listen to me; he's arse over elbows for you, and-" Victorian's voice was cut off by a throat being cleared.

"Mademoiselle? I came to tell you that our cookoff is done, you know, if you're hungry." My head turned to see tha Jarvis was standing in the foyer behind me, quietly shuffling from one foot to the other. "Aaron told me to come get you."

"Ah, the bloke sent for her, did he?" Victorian said smartly. "Would you look at that?"

"Well, not exactly in those words, but, essentially, 'Go get Mademoiselle' was what I heard," Jarvis replied. "And Stephanie had something that she's been wanting to show you since Victorian led us here."

I opened my mouth to answer Jarvis, but Victorian's voice shot out ahead of mine. "The Lieutenant will be right there; we're just talking a bit. Catching up on old times," he said with a smile.

Jarvis nodded his head and turned to walk back in the hallway.

"Catching up on old times?" I asked.

"Sure, you're still rude and angry, and I'm still the sensical one, educating you in the ways of life."

"Victorian..."

"You know, you don't have to love him right now; he can do it enough for the both of you at the moment. But-"

"Three days, Victorian. How do you like someone you've known three days?"

"Quite easily. And it's love, Love. Body, mind, and soul. What else is there?"

"Body, mind, and soul? Body, mind, and soul? Are you kidding me? Have you ever fallen in love with someone in three days?"

"Why is that so important to you? So it's a bit fast-"

"It's beyond 'a bit fast' and, honestly, it doesn't make sense."

"Why not?"

"It just doesn't!"

"Blimey, you're being an enormous pain in the arse right now, Lieutenant."

I shrugged again.

"Why does three days matter so much? You're reserved, sure, but I know you, and I know that you'd love him if you allowed yourself to."

"Victorian, this has nothing to do with my personality."

"It does! You're running away from what you feel!"

"I'm not."

"So why doesn't three days make sense? Since it matters to you so much," he finished sarcastically. He was forgetting that I could knock him out cold with two fingers to the larynx.

"It just doesn't. I've said that already, and I've no intention of explaining myself to you, Victorian. You-"

"Why?"

"You have no-"

"Why? Why don't you just acknowledge it?"

I sighed and spoke again. "There's nothing to acknowledge. It's a bit odd to say that someone loves-"

"You're absolutely irrational! You're a genius whose actions constantly make no sense!"

Anger flared in my chest as Victorian's voice overpowered mine again. "That someone loves you in-"

"Why?"

"Because he's a better person than me!" I yelled. "Because his personality outshines mine in every possible way. Because he actually cares about lives that aren't his own." The words flew out of my mouth like gunfire, and they weren't going to stop.

"Because he's proven to me, without even knowing it, that being by myself feels horrible, and I know that that feeling is my own fault."

"Scarlett, I-"

"So tell me that I like him, Victorian. Tell me that I've earned the right to speak to him, or even stand in his prescence! Tell me that I deserve to breathe the same air as he does! Tell me I deserve to love him...because I don't."

I watched Victorian's eyes widen in shock for the first time as he realized what I was saying.

"Tell me something, anything-a lie that I can believe."

With that final statement, I turned in an about-face and slowly walked in the direction of the kitchen until stopping again.

"Because even if I do end up loving him, I very well may hurt him."

💛

So that's their little argument. I know it's short, but I'm going for dramatic. Scarlett IS a woman xD. If you can't really tell, Victorian is like Scarlett's older, annoying, British brother, haha. But he's her best friend, so he has to keep her on track, right? And poor Scarlett, she doesn't feel worthy of Aaron, but that just makes her all the more attractive, right? Who wants a conceited pony? :) I'll be writing the next chapter, and that one will probably be back to the action part of the story. Romance is just so hard, I think. :/ Anyways, thanks for reading! :) Tell your friends?

Love,

Swaggerwithwords <3