Chapter 1: The Hidden

T H E    A N G E L    W I T H I N

Life was infinite. But because of the bad of the world - that had crawled out from the grim abyss - happiness was a sin. Nevertheless, we defied all those rules and made something that was entirely different; it was a happiness of our own. And at this moment, I swear we were infinite. 

Author's Note: We're born to gain the approval of others - of society. But if we don't earn that approval, we're nothing but mere shells of their disappointment. So, The Angel Within is dedicated to those who have been mistreated, misunderstood, and who are now disoriented. Together, we'll take a blind leap into the voids of our own hearts and gain something much greater. The approval from ourselves.

Cover Credit: To @17Serenity.

Editing Credit: To @BubblyBunnyXO (Chapters 12-18).

Trailer Credit: To Niamh (simply look up the title of the story on YouTube).

Disclaimer: The quote (above the author's note): "And at this moment, I swear we were infinite" is a line owned by the author of The Perks of Being a Wallflower. But the words surrounding it is a creation of my own that were used to describe my story.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 mostly edited

Chapter 1: The Hidden

Charlotte's POV

It usually starts with a morning, where the sunlight paints streaks of red and yellow against the darkened sky. Those mornings were entirely too beautiful, sealed with reminders that it would be a start of a brand new day. But they were also ominous; they would open new gates to those rains that would inevitably ruin your parade. And for me, all those terrible mornings came in the form of reality.

Though, those horrifying day starters would soon come to a halt. By a reckless abandonment of caution and fate, the unwritten story of Charlotte Taken - of me - would soon be told to the world. And of course, it'd all started with a morning.

❧ ✶ ❧

We'd often find ourselves pinpointing a person's weaknesses; putting them in limelight, for all to see. We yearn to put ourselves on the pedestal where we can have a view of all of those who are below us. It's because we simply have alter-egos. And deep beneath our true facades, we are all destroyers.

Some were hell bent on destroying and undermining your confidence, or at least whatever was left unscathed. They make the actualities of pain seem almost unbearable. And that type of pain made us cynical. It made us feel worthless.

Though, there are many out there that don't allow the destroyer of themselves to prevail. Instead, they help the hidden diamonds in the rough, gloss them over and make them shine like they once did. These people were meant to fix the fragments of society.

However, I believe people could be a mixture of both; they're an enigma of their own. They possessed the ability to destroy the vulnerable, but can easily fix the brokenness they had created from their latest project.

Throughout my life, I've learned to dealt with destroyers. And as the morning sunlight peaked through the ragged curtains, I found myself thinking they were practically inescapable. They came in a line, one after the other; side by side. And it seemed as if fixers would flee at the sight of me, with determination surging through their veins to never cross paths with someone with the likes of me.