Chapter 15: Interruptions

Charlotte's POV  

I sighed in exasperation and shoved all of the necessary items I gathered for school into my backpack. The entire pack bustled with commotion. They were relentless, talking up a storm about the upcoming ball, especially Daniel.

He was rambling on and on about how he'll finally meet his mate. All the while, he has been either hopping from store to store, eager to find the perfect tux or attending cooking lessons. Not to mention that he was actually cleaning up his room. That fact itself was highly surprising.

I jolted upright as my door flung open and in strode an uninvited visitor, Daniel. His fierce eyes startled me and I resisted the instinct to back away to a corner. Instead, I stood my place and stared at him, expecting fire to spew out of his mouth. Though surprisingly, my predictions were wrong. He reached behind and pulled out something. A bra.

My cheeks flared up in embarrassment as my gaze dropped to the black lace of the bra. Although my whole face was practically veiled, my cheeks were still visible. Daniel's blank, unwavering stare engulfed me whole. Ignoring my now scarlet cheeks, he threw the bra at me and it landed perfectly on my head like one of those ring tossing games in carnivals. I bit my lip to keep from chuckling, disregarding my embarrassing situation for a moment.

"What the hell is this doing in my room, Charlotte Marie Taken?" Daniel accused me. I rolled my eyes as he pulled out my full name card. 

I gazed innocently at him and curiously pondered upon why he was fussing over a silly bra. 

"I don't want my mate to come over thinking I was hooking up the night before! Also, why is it a cup C? Are your boobs that big?" Daniel demanded with a dubious expression. So this was about his mate, I should've known. But did he have to mention that last, personal information? I huffed in embarrassment and hung my head low in an attempt to shield my scarlet cheeks. What have I done to have gotten myself into this predicament? 

Daniel left the room as soon as he was satisfied with his lecture and I heaved a sigh of relief. It could've went worse. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and cradled my other belongings in my arms. Time for school. Sauntering down the meandering staircase, three figures came into view. Smiling, I gave Macy and Derek a silent wave goodbye as Daniel and I headed towards our car.

I snuck a glance at Daniel at the corner of my eye before settling down into the car. Profound emotions were swirling in his eyes. By the depth of longing it held, I was sure that he loved his mate before even meeting her. I silently 'Aw'ed and got into the car. He was so going to be whipped.

The car skidded to a halt as we finally reached our destination. I got out of the car and observed my surroundings. Chaos was the word to sum this up.

I pursed my lips to keep from gaping at the huge affect the ball had on werewolves. Just then, the bell rang in the spur of the moment, causing everyone to rush to class, determined to keep out of detention's way. Obviously. Time was scarce and everyone had plans to prepare for the ball.

I face-palmed and groaned in aggravation. Great, I was becoming one of them. One who frets over a measly ball. Reality soon snapped me out of my thoughts and I hurried into the school with Daniel.

Daniel and I exchanged looks before walking separate ways to our respective classes. I made my way down the silent hall to my English class. To my pleasant surprise, I saw Maria and Casey chattering in class to their heart's content. Did they manage to switch classes? I shrugged it off as it didn't matter. I was thrilled they were here.

I blatantly allowed my eyes to roam the classroom. Relief washed over me when I saw no signs of the teacher. I slipped into my seat in between Maria and Casey. Almost instantly, I was greeted with smiles. I returned their smiles with a wave and remembered the early days when I was shy around others. It was because of Daniel, Jeff, Alex, and them that I  learned to open up my closed shell and socialize with people. In other words, I was more of myself around them.