Chapter 10: Friendships

Trent's POV

I gripped the steering wheel of my car, trying to focus on the road in front of me. But I couldn't. All I thought about was the smell. It was like heaven. It made my mouth water. It wasn't perfume, soap, or anything. It was natural. And it was Charlotte's scent.

She smelled like cinnamon and vanilla with a hint of woodsy smell. All of my three favorite scents combined. I was craving for more. It reminded me of a drug, you couldn't get enough of it. 

 Her scent wasn't the only thing that intrigued me, though. It was her. I knew today was her first day today, so I kind of was expecting her to dress to impress. But she didn't. Instead, she wore casual clothing, far from a slut. She was different from the others.

That meant something. Trust me, I had many women in my life. For example, in society I act like a player, a bad ass, someone who's not supposed to be bossed around. But when I'm with Daniel, my true best friend and future beta, I'm myself but it took Daniel an extremely long time to gain my trust. But when I first so Charlotte, I felt like I could trust her with my life, my secrets.

Not only that, my wolf seems to have a pull towards her. Actually, my wolf isn't the only one feeling the pull. I am also. What's happening to me? I didn't even get to say 'Hi' to the girl. Why? Because she ran from me.

But I'm hoping to talk to her, just once.

Charlotte's POV

I paced back and forth my room, ready to go to school. I wasn't as worried as yesterday, to be honest. Sure, I got a lot of stares and questions but I actually had a way to dodge them. With the help of Daniel.

Right now, I was wearing the most adorable grey hoodie ever. It had two oval shaped eyeballs and a mustache right underneath. My outfit would be considered 'cute and casual' but one piece of clothing ruined it all. My baggy jeans.

They were worn out blue jeans I had gotten years ago from the orphanage. Also, they were really long on me (Considering they are men's jeans) so I had to roll up the ends, which added to the whole hideous look.

I sighed happily, looking down at my attire. Making sure my hair was tucked to the back and my hood was on tight, I was all set to go. I grabbed my backpack and made my way downstairs, where Daniel was waiting for me.

Stopping at the end of the stairs, I felt 3 gazes on me. I breathed in deeply, prepared for the bad comments. Looking up, I glanced at Daniel and Derek, confusion written all over their faces. Then my eyes snapped towards the person I least wanted to see a reaction from, Macy.

She looked lost. Waves of disappointments flowed around her. I dropped my gaze, feeling like I failed her. She bought me a whole new wardrobe that will help me fit in with the rest, yet I still wore my old clothes. I watched her stare at my clothes, emotionless.

But I didn't understand. It was just clothes. But then again, it was clothes. They helped my disguise my true identity. Now that I think about it, a piece of cloth actually helped me stay alive in this world. There was an awkward silence. With me just staring at the three of them while they stared down at my clothes.

"Uh, Daniel. I'm ready to go." I said breaking the unbearable silence. He nodded silently and opened the door, waiting for me to head out first. Quietly, I waved a goodbye to Macy and Derek and got out. 

So far, the car ride was silent. Until Daniel decided to start a conversation.

"So, I was thinking. I really want you to meet Trent without running away, of course." Daniel said, making me stiffen instantly. I gulped, I was going to talk to him at some point, right? But I couldn't help but think why Daniel wanted me to meet him so badly.