Chapter 12: Fallen

Chapter 12: Fallen

Trent's POV

I gazed at her, laughing with all the little kids. The elders were watching her with amazement and their eyes held a glint of pride. The teenage wolves that were our age observed her and talked to her whenever they had the chance. The whole pack  stared at her in shock and happiness that we all connected with her perfectly.

 We all loved her.

I smiled, enjoying the moment where everything was perfect. It was like the pack was whole again. All because of Charlotte. I looked around, seeing that all the kids who were always left out and bullied, laughing their heads off and finally hanging out with the rest of us. All because of Charlotte.

Suddenly, I was cut off from thinking when someone contacted me using the mind link. My dad.

'Son, come up to the office.' My dad said. I grunted an 'okay' as a reply and with one last glance at Charlotte, I sauntered up the stairs to my dad's office. It was soon to be mine.

When I finally got to the wooden door, I marvelled at the sight before me. The words "The Alpha's Office" were imprinted in solid gold on it. Shivers would run down your spine with just a simple contact with your fingers. It was made generations ago and I relished in its beauty.

'Not as beautiful as Charlotte, though,' Xavier, my wolf, butted into my thoughts. For some reason, ever since we met her, he always yearns to stay close to her. He whines when we're far from her but when we're close, he jumps in pure joy. I've questioned his strange behavior but all his replies were, 'I don't know.' What's up with that?

Besides, how could he possibly know that she's beautiful? 'We've never seen what she looked like,' I retorted. It was true. Sure, she's smart, funny, sweet, kind, and everything perfect. But in reality, no one is perfect. I'm sure she has her own flaws. She's probably ugly or below average in beauty.

I felt an uneasy feeling churning in my stomach and  felt disgusted with myself after that thought.

'What the hell?' Xavier growled. 'I know she's going to beautiful. I just know it. Her face would be unrivaled by her smile, which is already beyond perfect.' Xavier replied.

Hearing him say, "smile" immediately made my thoughts drifted to it. Her smile. It was beautiful. It was flawless. Truthfully, the words that describe its perfection hasn't been invented yet.

The first time I saw that smile, I couldn't help but stare at it. Even when she visited the pack house, her smile was always returned by the pack members.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I knocked on the wooden door. I wasn't here to think about Charlotte. I was here to talk to my dad. Why am I even thinking about her so much? I've only met her yesterday! 24 hours ago! 1,440 minutes ago!

"Come in." My dad's loud authoritative voice echoed through the hallway, sending shivers to my body. He was a great Alpha. The pack was always his utmost priority and he would gladly sacrifice himself if his pack members were in danger. I aspired to be just like him. He was my role model.

I walked into the room. I wasn't surprised when I saw my dad sitting at his desk with his glasses on, filling out piles of papers that were stacked up to the ceiling. Then he looked up and his piercing blue eyes met mine. He smiled brilliantly at me with a proud glint in his eyes. I returned his beaming smile and recalled the times where he constantly said that he was blessed to have a son like me.

"So what did you need?" I asked casually. I glanced around the office like I always do. Book shelves surrounded the whole room. My eyes landed on a particular shelf. Those were the stories that my mom would always read to me when I was younger.