Chapter 13: Baring Ball

Charlotte's POV

"Alex, what are you doing?" I asked as I scrunched my eyebrows, trying to comprehend the sight before me. Right now, we were at school. It was a normal day. I watched Alex as he stood up and dusted off his pants to rid himself of chalk dust. I continued examining his 'art work' that was drawn on the school parking lot. What the hell are th-

"They're giraffes with short necks. See?" Alex answered, acting like it was the most casual thing to say. He pointed at the so called 'giraffe'. I scanned it over, realizing it actually looked like a girrafe. An ugly one..

"His name is Richard." He added with a bright smile, almost as if he was talking about his baby or something. (Don't worry, he doesn't have one) I stared at him in confusion and he returned my stare with a blank expression.

"Why is his name Richard?" I asked. His blank expression remained etched on his face, but his eyes shone with amusement. Suddenly, he made a 'tsking' sound and crossed his arms. He shook his head back and forth, like a father reprimanding his child.

"Oh, Charlotte. You're so innocent, I wouldn't want to be the one who will scar you." He admitted before patting my head/hood. I was about to say something else but he already made his way inside of the school. I sighed in annoyance. I'll find out later I guess.

I made my way inside. Immediately, everyone I passed by said greetings to me which I returned. To be honest, I was pretty popular now. Not because of my looks, clothes or money. No, I was popular because I was nice to everyone. I was myself.

Furthermore, no one asked about my hood anymore. Everyone was used to it. They acted like it was part of me. For example, asking me, "Why is your hood on?" is akin to asking, "Why do you have eyes?". I felt glad as they had obviously gotten used to my hood.

I walked into my first class which was English. Many of my classmates struggled with this subject but me? I aced it all of the time. Well, I pretty much ace all of my classes. It's actually one of my gifts. I was much smarter than the others. That was one of the good traits of being a werewolf angel.

I sat down on my desk which was situated right in the middle of the classroom. I placed all the necessities from my bag on my table and waited for the teachers to make an entrance. I glanced around the room unconsciously and found everyone were in little groups, talking in hushed voices.

Did I mention this high school were for werewolves? My curiosity rose. What's everyone talking about? It could be just about anything. Using my abilities, I tuned it to their voices.

"I can't wait! I hope Daniel asks me to go with him!" A girl named Valerie, squealed. I mentally hummed in confusion. What will Daniel ask her to? I shrugged and continued to listen.

"I know right! But I doubt Daniel is going to ask anyone, just like last year. Did you hear that the angels are joining us too this time?!" Kaylee answered. My eyes widened as I heared them mention, 'angels'. What were they talking about?!

"The Baring Ball is going to be amazing!" Valerie said and they squealed in unison. I gasped. The Baring Ball..... What was that? I know what a ball was...... It was a like a formal dance. But what was the Baring Ball?

I leaned against the back of my seat, venturing into my thoughts. I stared off into the distance as I thought about the 'amazing' event.

"The Baring Ball.." I murmured repeatedly.

It was finally lunch. I shoved all of my things into my locker and quickly ran to the cafeteria. Luckily, I didn't crash into anyone but I did get a few curious glances. I picked up my food hastily, scampered to our table and devoured all of my food in seconds.