Chapter 3: Bonding

Chapter 3: Bonding

Charlotte's POV

 "I suggest you start packing, Charlotte." Margaret stated, dazed by Macy's answer. I only nodded, also dazed. Why did Macy choose me? Out of 12 girls she chose me! The Cloaked Coward, the mysterious one, the lonely one..

"Macy, please follow me so you can fill out some forms." Margaret said, lifelessly. Macy followed her but she didn't forget to look around suspicously, confused why everyone was so strange. Soon both of of them left all of our sights.

I snapped out of my thoughts and made my way upstairs. The whole orphanage was unusually quiet even the dogs outside that don't seem to shut up! Figures, the Cloaked Coward was getting adopted!  

I began packing. I let all of today's events sink into my mind. Should I be happy? I was getting adopted and I was going to have a real family again. Family.... A large smile erupted onto my face. I liked the idea of family, they're always by your side whenever you needed them. Most of the time.... My smile dropped.

What if they are cruel people? But Macy seems nice........ But looks can be deceiving! Since they're also werewolves, what if their whole pack hates me? I stiffened. A pack can go up to about 300 werewolves. Just imagine, 300 werewolves being disgusted by me. The idea was horrifying.

I sighed, I was used to hate anyway. I've been hated by 99% of the people I met since I put the damn hood on.

Speaking of my hood, what if they ask about it? Would I trust them enough to show them my face? What if I did trust them and I showed them it? Would they lose my trust if they tell the council about my powers? All of these questions were making knots in my stomach so I decided to stop thinking so hard.

But one question remained in my head, "Would I trust them and love them?"

After finishing packing I sighed. "This is it." I mumbled to myself, quietly. I looked around the room and smiled. I was finally leaving this hell hole. That was the only thing that I knew was good. I turned around getting ready to exit the room but suddenly a group of girls blocked the door, halting me.

"What do you want?" I mumbled. Immediately, they snickered, clearly amused by my weak voice.

"You got lucky today but all of us are going to laugh when you come crawling back to us, begging us for a home, you coward." Chelsea mused. Finally, I snapped. I was tired of getting pushed around. I'll show them who's boss.

I walked up to Chelsea slowly. The confident glint in her eye now vanished, making me smirk. I backed her up into a wall, hearing her gulp. Who's the coward now?

"Let me tell you this, Chelsea and the rest of your pitiful group. When I come back, it won't be for a home. I'll come back for payback, for all of the years you spent torturing me." I threatened. It felt so good, why haven't I done this before?

They all retreated, leaving me alone. I sighed in content, finally having peace to myself in this orphanage. I grabbed my luggage and made my way downstairs. When I stopped at the end of the stairs I found everyone staring at me. Even the goldfish in the fish bowl! I stared back at them expressionless, even though they couldn't see my eyes.

Finally, Macy broke the silence by saying, "Charlotte, honey. I'll be waiting in the car." Macy informed while opening the front door. I nodded while she got out.

After a couple a seconds, I realized it was my turn to leave now. I gave the rest of the orphanage one last look before heading towards the door. While I was about to open the door I dropped my suitcase. Wow, I'm such a klutz...