Chapter Fourteen- Bryson's POV

I couldn't sleep. All I could do was toss and turn and think about what happened. She hates me. It kept running through my mind. The night kept replaying. What could I have done differently? I wanted nothing more than for her to forgive me. Who am I kidding? She won't. I knew I messed up, and I was stupid to think that Riley would just fall into my arms, forgiving me after humiliating her. As I laid there, staring at the ceiling, my phone went off.

Matt- party tonight. You down?

Yes, that was exactly what I wanted to be doing right now. I glanced at the clock, noting it was eleven. On the bright side, it was Friday, so what harm would it do to go out?

Bryson- sure. Be there soon.

I got out of bed, pulling on a pair of slim fit jeans and threw on a black tee shirt. I grabbed my jacket and keys and headed out the door. I quietly made my way down the stairs, and just as I was about to open the door, the living room light came on.

"Where are you going?" Emmy asked, looking as if she had just woken up.

"Did I wake you?" She shook her head. "I'm going to a party." She sat up, looking at me. I raised my eyebrow at her, wondering why she cared so much.

"Gonna go find another girl to hurt?" Her words stung. It wasn't like Emmy to act like this. She was the one who helped me try to get Riley to forgive me.

"What's gotten into you?" I ask, leaning against the front door. She stood up, walking towards me.

"I don't know if you actually like Riley or not, but you better figure it out. I know how she feels about you, and if you hurt her again, I will castrate you." I stared at my sister in disbelief.

"I-i do like her, Ems. She just needs time. That's what she said. And for the record, I'm not going to hurt another girl; I'm just going to a party to kill time." She nodded at me and headed up the stairs.

"I meant what I said, Bryson. Do not hurt her again. Oh, and have fun." She smiled and went to her room. What the hell just happened?

~~~~

"This parties lame," I said to Matt, taking a seat on the couch.

"What, dude? No it's not," he whined. Matt was so far gone, he couldn't tell up from down. I hated being around Matt when he was like this. Mainly because he was drunk when he got my girlfriend to cheat on me. That still hit a nerve with me, but I pushed it to the back burner, knowing no one else knew about it.

"I think I'm going to head out," I said, but Matt was already dozing off on the couch. I got up, grabbing another drink.

"Where are you going?" The voice caught me off guard. It was like déjà Vu. Emmy had said those same exact words to me earlier. I turned around and was met with Tamara's famous smirk.

"I don't think that's any of your business." She placed a hand over her heart, acting as if my words actually hurt her.

"Bryson, I thought we were in this together. We're going to take her down." I held my hand up for her to stop talking.

"I'm done with this, Tamara. I don't want to be part of this plan anymore." Tamara's jaw dropped in shock.

"You can't tell me you actually like her. She's a nerd." I turned and walked way. I was not in the mood to deal with her.

~~~~

The drive was silent. I had the radio turned down and my window cracked, trying to enjoy the night weather. Riley lives down that road, I thought as I drove by. I did a quick U-turn in a strangers driveway and headed down Riley's road. I parked across the street from her house, staring at the dark house. I pulled out my phone, glancing at the time. One. I saw a light turn on in an upstairs window. Is that her? I could see a silhouette in the window, and then it disappeared. I stared at my phone, debating whether or not to text her. I decided it was worth a shot.

Bryson- hey, you awake?

I kept looking at that window. I saw the shadow move again. It has to be her. It wasn't long before my phone was vibrating in my hand.

Riley- yeah, why?

I got out of my car and walked towards that window. I looked back at her message.

Bryson- look out your window.

Soon after sending that text, the curtains were pulled back and I could see Riley's head peeping around the corner. She closed the curtain, and I thought she was just going to ignore me, but the outside light came on, and Riley came out. She was wearing shorts and a tank top.

"What are you doing here?" She asked as she moved closer to me. I shrugged my shoulders. Basically at a loss for words.

"I was driving by and figured I would stop." Her lips turned up into a smile, but quickly dropped back down when she noticed me looking. "Riley, I-" but she cut me off.

"I'm sorry." I was shocked. Why is she saying sorry?

"For what?" I asked, still confused.

"For shutting you out. The other night was really nice, and I had basically forgiven you then. I just didn't want to get hurt again." I moved closer as she looked down. I felt awful for hurting her like I did. When I was close, she looked up at me. All I could do was wrap my arms around her shoulders, pulling her close to me.

"I'm sorry that I was so fucking stupid. I never should have done that to you." She pulled away and smiled. Damn, you could get lost in those blue eyes. It was like staring into the ocean. I was at a loss for words. I don't know what it is about Riley, but I can't think straight when I'm around her. I pushed a strand of loose hair behind her ear and she smiled. "Let me make it up to you. Let me take you on a real date," I said. She nodded and stepped back.

"I'm free friday," she said.

"I have a game, but after?"

"Sounds great. I'll see you then." She turned away and walked back towards her house. Finally, I thought.
----------------------------------------------

What do you think about Emmy and her outburst? How about that awkward encounter with Tamara? Briley? Cute ship name?

I know I said his chapter would be the carnival in Bryson's POV, but I decided to just keep going with the story.

Teaser: football game and a date? And don't worry, Tamara isn't gone yet!