Chapter Sixteen

I waited anxiously with Emmy in the living room for Bryson to get home. It was almost eight o'clock. Damn, he must take long showers. Just then, Bryson walked into the house.

"Speaking of the devil," I said with a smirk. Bryson smiled, nodding his head at Emmy and I.

"Ready to go?" He asked. I smiled and stood up.

"Details," Emmy mouthed to me before I walked out. Bryson opened the car door for me.

"My lady," he said, causing me to laugh. I got into the car and waited.

"Since when did you become such a gentleman?" I asked with a laugh. Bryson placed a hand over his heart, as if I actually hurt him.

"I've always been a gentleman. I've just never had the right girl to use my skills on," he said with a wink. I rolled my eyes, pretending to be disgusted.

"You're something else," was all I could say. He really was something else. He was different than any guy I had ever met. We had always hated each other, but was that just to cover up our true feelings? "You know what I just thought of?" I said, breaking the silence.

"Hm?" He said as he paid attention to the road.

"If I never would have gone to that party and played that stupid game of spin the bottle, we wouldn't be where we are right now." I know, it sounded stupid and cliche, but it was true.

"Are you sure about that? I mean, what if I was still able to convince you to help me with math? You think we'd be here?" He had a point. We were always forced to spend time together because I was always with Emmy.

"I don't know," I said truthfully. "We had spent so much time together score that party and yet we still hated each other," I said with a sigh.

"You think I hated you? Wait, you hated me?" He said seriously. I wanted to Palm my face at this boy. He was so clueless sometimes.

"You were always such a jerk. I just assumed." He looked over at me and a smile played at his lips.

"You know that assuming things makes an ass out of you and me, right?" Did he really just say that? I actually hit my forehead with my palm because this boy was nuts.

"I'm glad you got one thing out of that biology class." He chuckled.

~~~~

"Bryson, this place is beautiful," I said as I stared at the Italian restaurant that we were standing in front of. It looked so classy and expensive.

"I couldn't settle for less than the best for you," he said with a smile. He was so cheesy, but it made me blush. Bryson placed his arm out, motioning for me to grab it. I looped my arm through his and he led me into the restaurant. The inside was gorgeous. I would never had expected it to be an Italian restaurant with the chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. We walked over to the hostess. "Reservations for Bryson Carter, please," Bryson said, shooting her his charming smile. She scanned the list and grabbed two menus.

"Right this way," she said, walking away. We followed her to a booth that was towards the back of the restaurant. I sat down, and Bryson scooted in across from me. "Your waitress will be over shortly for your drinks," she said with a smile and then walked away. I scanned over the menu; my mouth watering at everything.

"So what do you think?" Bryson asked. I shrugged my shoulders, setting my menu down.

"I'll let you know after I taste the food." Bryson chuckled as a young girl walked over to us. She couldn't have been older than sixteen.

"Hello, my name is Alexis, and I'll be your waitress tonight. What can I get you for drinks?" I smiled at we politeness.

"I'll have a sprite, please," I said, looking at Bryson.