Chapter Thirty-one

A week had passed since Matt had taken me to the carnival. In that time, he had taken me out to dinner twice, and we went to the movies. Needless to say, he's making a damn good impression. Every time I mention Matt to Emmy, she gets all giddy. She was weary about him at first because he use to steal Bryson's girlfriends, but I think she's warmed up to him now.

"Penny for you thoughts?" Emmy asks as she sits down at the table.

"I'm just thinking about this past week. It's been amazing, and it's definitely keeping my mind off of things." She smiled, placing her hand on mine.

"I'm happy for you. You deserve it. Have you heard from Bryson?" She asks, cautiously.

"He tried multiple times to get ahold of me after that day at the diner, but I think he got the hint," I said. Emmy nodded, letting out a sigh.

"I wish he wasn't so fucking stupid," she groaned.

"That makes two of us. We didn't know he was going to be like this. Hell, if I knew, I wouldn't have wasted my time on him in the first place." She chuckled. The bell rang, and that was my sign to head to chemistry.

"Remember, focus on your studies," Emmy said with a wink. I rolled my eyes, heading towards class.

The class was fairly empty. Usually most people were here by now. I took my usual seat, taking out my notebook, pen, and chemistry book. I pulled out my phone, deciding to scroll through Facebook. After that day in the diner with Bryson, I had deleted him and Tamara off of Facebook. I didn't want to see what they were doing, whether it be partying or each other. I shuddered at the thought. As I was scrolling down my newsfeed, something caught my eye.

Matt Eddies is in a relationship

Oh.

I sighed, closing out of Facebook. He should have told me he was seeing someone else. I put my phone away, waiting for class to begin. Before the second bell rang, Matt came strolling into the room lie nothing was wrong. He had to know that I had seen his relationship status. Should I bring it up? He took his normal seat next to me, plopping his books on his desk.

"Good morning," he said with a smile.

"Morning," I mumbled back. I could see the confusion written on his face with my unenthusiastic reply.

"Something wrong?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "You know you can talk to me about it." I glanced at the clock, knowing I still had a few more minutes before the teacher would say anything.

"I saw your relationship status," I said.

"Oh," was all he could say.

"Yeah, oh. You could have at least told me you were seeing someone else." I couldn't even look at him. He was just as bad as Bryson.

"Riley, I can explain."

"I don't want to hear your excuses, Matt. I really enjoyed spending time with you, and look at where that got us." He sighed, moving closer to me.

"Will you just let me explain?" I shrugged. I knew I wasn't going to win. He was going to tell me whether I wanted to hear it or not. "I didn't want you to find out like this." I chuckled, and he looked at me like I had two heads. "I'm not actually in a relationship."

"What?"

"I put that on there because I was hoping you would say yes to me." I stared at him, not knowing how to take what he had just told me.

"That was for me?" He nodded, placing his hand on mine.

"I wasn't expecting you to see it. I know it's stupid to do it before I even ask you, but I just had a feeling. We have been having such a great time, Riley, and I want that to continue." A small smile formed on my lips.

"You don't think it would be weird since your a student teacher?" He shrugged.

"I don't care. I'm only here for another two weeks." I looked into his eyes, and I could see nothing that showed he was lying. I leaned in, placing a soft kiss on his lips. "So is that a yes?" He asked when I finally pulled back.

"Yes, Matt," I said with a smile.

~~~~

"Oh my god, Riley! Look at you with all them boys," Emmy said, shaking her ass.

"You're so weird," I stated.

"But you loveeeeeeeeee me," she sang, holding out the word love. I chuckled.

"Do you think it's wrong?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Dating Matt? No. Bryson fucked you over. He can't expect you to be stuck on him forever." I smiled.

"You're right. It's in the past, and all I can do is move on."

"That's my girl," she said. I pulled out my phone, deciding to text Angela and fill her in.

Riley- so can he come for dinner?

Angela- of course, darling! I can't wait to meet him :)

I smiled as I opened a new text.

Riley- hey you. Dinner at my house tonight?

I looked up at Emmy who nodded in approval. She knew how hard it use to be for me to bring guys home because of the relationship Angela and I had, but now that we were on better terms, I was excited to bring people home to meet her. I was pulled from my thoughts when Matt texted me back.

Matt- wouldn't miss it for the world :)

I nodded at Emmy, letting her know it was going to happen. She smiled, grabbing her bag just in time for the bell to ring.

"Tell me all about it," she gushed. She had always lived romance movies, and I guess my love life was her own personal romance movie that she could help control, so she always made me tell her what happened.

~~~~

"Angela, is the chicken done yet? He'll be here any minute," I yelled as I straightened out my blue sundress.

"Yes, honey. I just took it out of the oven!" I looked at the clock, knowing Matt would be here shortly. As if he read my mind, the doorbell rang.

"He's here," I yelled to Angela, running to the door. I yanked the door open, and the smile that had been there was no replaced with a scowl.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me."
-------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys ship Matt and Riley?!? Who do you think is at the door?

If you're enjoying, don't forget to comment and rate!!