Chapter Seventeen

Just look at Colton Haynes. He plays Bryson😍

Surprisingly it was easy to wake up on this Monday morning. Usually, I would be dreading getting up; I would constantly hit the snooze button before Angela would have to come drag me out of bed, literally, but today was different. I was quick to hop out of bed when my alarm went off. I felt refreshed and energized for once. It possibly could have been from my date with Bryson on friday.

"Riley, are you up?" Angela yelled from down stairs. I nodded before realizing she could she me. I mentally slapped myself in the face for that.

"I'm up," I yelled back, grabbing clothes and heading towards the bathroom.

"Great, breakfast is waiting," she sang. I chuckled. Angela had been doing really good. She started going to meetings to help with her addiction. She was no longer staying out all night, or bringing random guys home. She was focused on me now, and it honestly felt amazing. I took a quick shower and threw some clothes on. I put light makeup on, and threw my hair into a bun.

"Good morning, sunshine," Angela said as I walked into the kitchen. I sat down at the island and Angela handed me a cup of coffee. "I'm surprised I didn't have to wake you up this morning." I chuckled.

"Me too. I actually feel good." Angela smiled and set a plate of pancakes and bacon in front of me. The aroma made my mouth water, and I had all I could do not to shove it all in my mouth at once, although that's pretty much what I did.

"You're gonna choke on your food one of these days," Angela said with a laugh. I moaned at how delicious the food was in response.

~~~~

"So how did it go?" Emmy asked, nudging me in the side. I rolled my eyes. This was like the twentieth time she had asked me.

"It was amazing, Em. It really was." She chuckled at my response. She had gotten all the details over text as soon as I had gotten back from my date.

"I'm glad he's finally being nice." I smiled at her. It was true; after all these years, it was nice to finally be on good terms with Bryson. "So, is it official?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. He didn't ask me or anything. We just went on a date." I had been asking myself that same question since Friday night. Are we more than just friends? All I knew was that every time I was with him, I got butterflies, and every time he touched me, my skin felt like it was burning where his hand was. I like Bryson. I knew I did, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell him. I needed to know that he felt the same.

"I'll see you after class," Emmy said as she broke away from me. I waved and headed off towards my locker. Of course, my locker was on the opposite side of the school from where my first class was. I rounded the last corner that led me to the hallway my locker was located on. My eyes locked onto Tamara and the guy who was standing in front of her. It looked like Bryson, but it was hard to tell from the back. When she saw me, she grabbed the guy by the collar of his shirt and planted her lips on his. When she finally pulled away, I could clearly see that it was Bryson she swapped her spit with. My heart felt like it had shattered into a million pieces.

"Riley," I heard my name, but I took off in the other direction without even going to my locker.

Bryson's POV

"Bryson, over here." I turned around to see who was calling my name. I rolled my eyes when I saw it was Tamara. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail, and her clothes looked a couple sizes too small for her. Her shirt came just above her belly button, while her skirt barely covered her butt.

"What do you want?" I asked as she leaned against the row of lockers.

"I haven't seen you in a while, and I missed you." She missed me? I knew Tamara all too well to know that she just missed me. She was up to something, but I didn't know what.

"Yeah, that's great," I replied. I really didn't want to be talking to her right now. I turned and started to walk, but she grabbed my arm.

"Don't you miss me, Bry?" I had always hated that nickname. It was too girly for me.

"It would be awesome if you stopped using that nickname. You know how much I hate it." She laughed her annoying, high pitched laugh that made my ears want to bleed.

"You love it. I know you do." She changed her position, and I noticed how much she was trying to push her cleavage out to try and get my attention. It wasn't working. I had seen her naked multiple time, and there was nothing impressive about it. Let's talk about used and abused. I tried to fight the smile that was coming to my face at that thought. "Or else you wouldn't be smiling." I wanted to tell her why I was smiling, but I knew how that would end. I shook my head in disgust.

"I really need to-" but before I could finish my sentence, her lips were against mine. Her tongue was trying to fight it's way into my mouth, and she had a right grip on the collar of my shirt. When she finally pulled away, I turned around, looking to see if I could figure out what made her do it. There she was. Riley was standing at the end of the hall. Her eyes were wide and her jaw dropped. Fuck. "Riley," I yelled out, but it was too late. She was already gone. I turned back to Tamara who had a smirk on her face. "What's your fucking problem?"

"You're mine, and mine only." I punched the locker, making Tamara jump, before taking off down the hall. This was going to be a great day.

Riley's POV

"How could he do that?" I asked Emmy, who seemed more intrigued with her salad. I balled a napkin up and threw it at her face, finally catching her attention.

"What was that for?" I sat up straight, shooting her a death glare.

"Were you listening to anything I said?" She shrugged her shoulders, causing me to groan in frustration.

"You know how I get when I'm hungry. I'm full now, so please, start over." I chucked another napkin at her and chuckled. She was annoying, but she was still my best friend.

"I saw Bryson kissing Tamara," I said, letting out a sigh.

"Are you sure it wasn't Tamara kissing Bryson?" I shrugged my shoulders knowing that she could be right. Tamara had been doing anything she could she make me miserable.

"I guess it could have been." Emmy chuckled, taking another bite of her salad.

"You're taking something that has been hers for a while." I nodded in agreement.

"She always tries to make my life a living hell."

"I know, but don't worry about it too much. If Bryson likes you as much as I think he does then he'll put a stop to it real quick."

"You're the best," I said, blowing her a kiss. Emmy smiled and then her eyes got wide.

"Can we talk?" I knew that voice all too well. I turned around to see Bryson standing behind me. I nodded, grabbing my stuff and following him out of the cafeteria.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked, leaning back against the wall.

"I know you saw what happened with Tamara back there, and I wanted to tell you that was all her." I nodded.

"I know. I should have known by the way she glared at me when she saw me come around the corner. Bryson smiled, leaning closer to me.

"I promise you, she's nothing to me." I smiled back, and he wrapped his arms around me. I quickly hugged him back as the bell went off.

"I'll see you later?" I asked before heading off to my next class.

"Definitely," he said, shooting me his famous smirk. There really was something about that boy that made me want him more.
----------------------------------------------

What did you guys think of Tamara? She's probably my least favorite character.

The picture attached is of Colton Haynes. He plays Bryson!

Teaser: I'm not really sure what's going to happen in the next chapter. Sorry :/