Chapter Twenty-six

I couldn't sleep. All I did was toss and turn, and think about Bryson, and how he was enjoying school. I knew I needed to sleep because I started school tomorrow, but I wasn't use to sleeping alone anymore. Bryson had practically lived at my house over the summer. The annoying beeping of my alarm clock pulled me out of my thoughts. I slammed my hand on the snooze button, hoping to get a little sleep.

"Riley, time to get up." Of course. I should have seen that coming. Angela came into my room.

"Do I have to go?" I groaned, really not wanting to do anything.

"Unfortunately, sweetie. It's your senior year. It'll go by quick, I promise." I groaned again, rolling myself out of bed. Screw school.

~~~~

The halls were filled with students who actually seemed excited to me back. What's wrong with them? I had spent my whole summer with Bryson and Emmy; therefore, I didn't need to beat school to see my friends. I saw Emmy's blonde head bobbing its way down the hallway. She smiled when she reached me.

"Good morning, sweet cheeks." I chuckled. She really had the weirdest names.

"Good morning."

"We have got to have a girls day soon now that Bryson is at college," she exclaimed. I hadn't been taking Bryson's leaving very well. We had spent almost every day together and now, he was just gone.

"That sounds great. I really need to get my mind off things." She smiled.

"Great. Tomorrow after school it is then."

~~~~

The next day had come and gone in the blink of an eye. My thoughts were still filled with Bryson, whom I hadn't heard much from lately. I knew he had been busy settling in and adjusting to the new place, but it killed me not being able to talk to him. I maneuvered through the sea of kids that were filling the halls. I waved at Emmy when I saw her standing by her car.

"I thought you were going to stand me up," she joked. I chuckled.

"Just got caught in the traffic jam." I got into her car, excited about the shopping spree. Angela had given me money so I could get a new wardrobe for my senior year. Things had definitely gotten better with her. She had been clean for six months; drugs and everything. She had acted more like a mother to me, and it felt nice. After loosing momma C, it felt like I had no one, but Angela quickly stepped in, and she was doing a great job of filling in.

~~~~

"Oh my god, Riley! Check these gorgeous babies out," Emmy exclaimed. She loved shopping in general, but when it came to shoes, she was lost. She loved her shoes more than anything. Your shoes make the outfit, she had once told me.

"Those are hot, Em!" She smiled, sliding her foot into a tall pair of black heels.

"Well, look who we have here." That voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't place who it was until I turned around. Tamara. I thought she left to college when she graduated, hopefully that was the case, and she was just here visiting.

"What do you want?" Emmy growled. She had hated Tamara from the get go, especially after she had formulated that plan against me.

"Oh, I was just around town and figured I'd come see my two favorite people. Those shoes look a little whore-ish, don't you think?" Emmy's face turned bright red as she bit her lip to hold back whatever she was about to say. Emmy wasn't one to flip out on people, but if they gave her a reason, she would.

"You should probably leave," I finally said, after having an intense stare down with her.

"You're right. I have better things to do. I'll tell Bryson you said hi though!" She winked and walked away. I turned to Emmy, whose face was still red.

"She goes to school with Bryson?" I asked, a little concerned.

"I didn't think so. I thought she was going to California." I nodded, pulling out my phone.

"I guess there's only one person to ask."

~~~~

Bryson's POV

I had just gotten out of class when my phone vibrated. Riley. I felt bad. I had been ignoring her, but not on purpose. I was trying to get settled in and get ahead with school.

Riley- since when did Tamara go to your school?

I didn't know she had gone to school here. I racked my brain to see if I had seen her around, but I came up with nothing.

Bryson- I didn't know she did, why?

I headed back to my dorm as I waited for Riley to reply. I wish this wasn't the way we were having a conversation after not really talking, but something must have happened to make her text me about it.

Riley- Emmy and I ran into her at the shoe store. She said she would tell you I said hi.

Oh, what the fuck. That bitch could never just leave me alone. She was mad that I had gotten rid of her once and for all. We were in college now. There wasn't the stupid cliques and most popular people dating. I had moved on from that life with Riley.

Bryson- weird. If I see her, I'll straighten it out.

Riley- okay... I miss you.

Bryson- I miss you too, beautiful. I'll be home this weekend though.

Tamara better hope that I didn't see her. She wasn't going to like me after what I have to say. I placed my phone back in my pocket and headed out. She was in for it.
-------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait! I've been so busy with school, and I had writers block. Don't forget to comment and rate if you're enjoying the story! I feel that the end is near ]: