Chapter One

'Morning, beautiful.'

Butterflies. Butterflies everywhere. Mostly in my tummy, but also fluttering around my head.

'Mm,' I mumbled, waking up slowly despite the winged riot going on in my midsection. 'I never get tired of hearing that.'

Conor leaned up on his elbow and kissed me under the ear. Greedily, I snuggled further into him, curling up tighter and smiling when I heard him laugh and slip an arm around my waist, holding me against his chest. 'I know. I'm very aware of the effect I have on you,' he murmured in my ear and I shivered involuntarily. Even after seven months of living in each other's pockets, Conor Archibald only has to look at me a certain way and my pulse accelerates. I'd feel like such an idiot if I didn't know that I can do the same thing to him.

'I'm not complaining,' I murmured, rolling over to look at him, our faces dangerously close together. My lips parted and I gazed up at him as my breath quickened.

'Breakfast?' he asked brightly, his eyes shining. I rolled mine in response and was about to start grumbling when I felt his lips descend on mine forcefully. I fell back against the pillow as waves of happiness rolled through my body, my fingers twining themselves through his hair to pull him closer. Conor hummed appreciatively against my lips as they moved in sync, rapidly and forcefully.

'Get a room,' a voice groaned from above us, and Conor pulled away from me with a yelp as a shoe bounced off his head.

'Alright,' he grumbled, rubbing the back of his scalp. I wrinkled my nose and leaned over the edge of the bed to look up at the top bunk. Tarquin's big dark eyes blinked back at me innocently.

'What? I was just saying.'

I scowled darkly at him, grabbed Conor, kissed him once more, stuck my tongue out at Tarquin, and rolled over to go back to sleep, my face buried in a bemused Conor's chest.

'Oh no you don't,' Sally's voice broke through my reverie as she ripped the covers off us. Not the best idea, seeing as we were both only wearing underwear and I, at least, was still sporting some of the evidence of our early morning make-out session. 'Ew!' she squeaked, throwing the duvet back on top of me as Conor laughed.

'Serves you right,' I mumbled, pulling them tightly around me.

'Please tell me you just need to pee,' she muttered.

'Nope,' I replied, popping the P, even though I knew it had been a rhetorical question.

'Well you'll have to take care of it yourself,' Sally announced, then turned her attention to Conor. 'We have breakfast plans.'

'I think I could get a very protein-rich breakfast right here,' he joked innocently, and I elbowed him.

'With McKinney,' she added.

'Boo,' Conor muttered, pulling the covers over our heads only to have them ripped back off again.

'Suck it up,' Sally berated him, then cringed immediately as Conor and I both snorted childishly in laughter. Nevertheless she persevered, 'You're the one he wants to see anyway. There's no point in the rest of us going if you're not coming too.'

'I'd be coming a lot more easily if I stayed here,' Conor muttered to me, but she overheard him.

'That!' she said, pointing at him. 'It's saying exactly shit like that that's gotten us in trouble in the first place!'

Conor rolled his eyes and snuggled closer to me. 'It's not my fault,' he complained. 'Tyler corrupted me.'

'You know, if McKinney does decide to drop us from the label today, you would make a great bullshit merchant,' Sally snapped, and stalked back to her own bunk.