Part 13

****

A/N: Hiii. So I just want to point on that there will be some POV changes in this chapter. That's it! :) Happy readings! Vote? Comment? Love.

***

[Ashton's POV]

My fingers tapped melodically against the countertop as my eyes once again turned up to look at the clock on the opposite wall. 3:38pm. I groaned inwardly getting an odd look from one of the few customers in the shop. Today just wasn't my day.

Charlie was leaving again. Really, I get it, she has this whole other life to get back to but it made me upset that we had only been able to talk a few times. This morning I was pleasantly surprised when her name flashed on the screen of my phone. All good feelings were lost when she explained to me that she was being called back to LA sooner than she had expected. Now how was I supposed to get to know her?

Charlie's flight departed at seven tonight and my shift at work wouldn't be over until a little after five. I was worried I would miss seeing her, much like three years ago. I'd be devastated if that happened again.

To say I didn't still have a crush on her would be an absolute lie. I had finally admitted it out loud to Michael a few nights ago when he had dragged me out to the bar and I had gotten a little tipsy. Alcohol and I just should not be friends. It seems as though whenever we get together I always do or say something stupid.

But Michael liked to drink, and after about a week of his idiotic banter I decided that he could actually be a good guy to have around. I guess also it was because I thought finally having a friend my own age might be good for me. Not saying that I didn't love spending time with my grandmother, it's just that she's 86 and has cancer so there really isn't much we can get up to together.

My eyes turned back up toward the clock, an audible grunt of annoyance causing the teenage girl, who had come up to pay for her items, to take a step away from the counter. I gave her an apologetic look before mumbling a 'sorry' and then began ringing up her things.

It was very obvious to me, unlike it was to Michael, that Charlie did not reciprocate any of the feelings I had toward her. And as much as I wanted it to be different, I knew that having her as a friend was just as important. So for now that's all we were going to be.

[Charlie's POV]

I check the time on my phone once again to see that it was nearly five. I sighed heavily as I stood from my sitting position on the front porch of my house finally going back inside. My feet dragged across the kitchen tiles as I took a seat at the table, sad that this would be my last home cooked meal for I don't even know how long.

When I got a call from my manager as six o'clock this morning I knew it wasn't going to be good news. She told me that because my first single was getting so much attention they had decided to book me for a show back in LA. I'd be opening for Ariana Grande. Honestly, I knew it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I couldn't pass it up but I still felt the slightest bit uneasy about it. So now I'd be leaving Arizona two weeks earlier than I had originally planned.

There was only one person in this town that I needed to say goodbye to and if he didn't show up soon I would miss my chance all together. I did not have a crush on him. Sure Ashton was probably the sweetest guy I've ever met and was also extremely good looking, and sure we got along really well but I lived in LA and he had important things to take care of here. So for now we would just be friends.