Chapter 3

I woke up with Ace's arms still around me. I couldn't dwell on that for too long because I could hear slamming of plates on the kitchen floor. I looked at the time to see it's three am. Hopefully Ace is a heavy sleeper and will sleep through the noise. I get up and put my dressing gown around myself while slowly walking down stairs. I look to find my mum with a beer bottle in her hand and a plate at her feet. I sigh.

“Mum?” I whisper. She looks at me with tearful eyes. It's not her fault...She has Bi-polar disorder. It's ten times worse when she drinks.

“Oh Krystal...Look what I've done” She says pointing to the plate.

I walk up to her, accidentally stepping on a glass. I didn't care though, I just wanted mum to be okay. I wrapped an arm around her and lead her around the glass and into the lounge room.

“Don't worry about it mum, I'll clean it” I say softly. She nods her head then starts to cry.

I sit down next to her and hold her so she can lean her head onto my shoulder. I rub her arm soothingly while she slowly falls asleep crying. My mother is a small woman, meaning she is fairly light. With all the training I have done in my own time, I can easily lift her up and carry her to her room which is luckily the only room on the first level. I lift her up and walk to her room. I place her down on her bed and tuck her in.

“I love you mum” I whisper before closing her door and walking out.

I walk to the kitchen and clean up the glass and put mum's beer in the bin. My foot stinging in protest. I grabbed the first aid kit on top of the kitchen cabinet and grabbed the tweezers. I have a look at my foot. Well heck that will teach me to carry mum then clean with a piece of glass in my foot. It had gone to deep for me to get with tweezers, but it couldn't stay in my foot.

I walked back to the kitchen and grabbed a knife, some tissues and something hard for me to bite down on. I walked back to the lounge room and sat down. This is gonna hurt like a bitch. I examined my foot before grabbing the knife and cutting my cut open a little while biting down to suppress my scream.

I quickly placed the tissue around it so blood wouldn't spill. With my free hand I grabbed the tweezers and took the piece of glass out. It was a big piece of glass and sharp. I placed it on a tissue on the table before grabbing the stitching wire and the needle so I could stitch up the wound. After I had stitched it. I grabbed a wet wipe and wiped the blood from my foot before rapping my foot up in a bandage. After putting everything I used away a made my way to the stairs only to find Pete.

“Is she home?” He asked. I nodded. He looked at my foot.

“Are you okay?” He asked me worriedly. I nodded.

“Just stepped on a piece of broken plate. I'm going back to bed...you should too” I say. He nods and walks back to his room. I walk into mine and lay back down snuggling up to Ace.

An hour and a half later my alarm goes off...telling me it's six am. Oh what fun. I groan but get up. I look to see Ace wasn't by my side. I was confused until I heard my shower running. I smirked and laid back on my bed, waiting for him to walk out. When he did I smirked at him. He went wide eyed. He had a towel around his lower half while water dripped from his hair onto his chest.