Chapter 11

I don't know if Liam is actually crazy over carnivals.

Weelll heeere's:

Chapter 11

*Crystal's POV*

I knock softly on Liam's door.

He opens the door a couple moments later. "Hey," he says, "What's up?"

"Nothin' really," I respond, "I was just wondering... we don't really spend that much time together and I wanted to know if you wanted to spend some more time with each other..?"

His eyes sparkle with joy and delight. "Really? Hmm. I'd love too! I have something specific in mind that I would like to do now that you've mentioned it..."

•••

Liam has apparently been dying too go to a carnival and there was one just out of town.

He has a lot of good memories about carnivals.

He was chattering excitedly during the whole drive.

When he was 7, he won his first carnival toy! He also rode a Ferris wheel for the first time at 7 and at 9 he went in a fun house. At 12 he won the game where you knock someone into a water tank! At 14 he went in his first haunted house. Turns out he loves them! His first date was at a carnival, whenever they could his parents took him... He absolutely loves it.

"And hey," he told me during the drive, "you could have your first date at one too. In a couple of years guys will be lining up around the block to ask you out." Then he smirked and nudged me with his elbow.

"Haha! You're a laugh." I responded. Then I realized he was being serious. "Oh." My face turned bright red. "Ugh, no. Thanks but no thanks..." He simply shook his head with a large-sigh-kids look on his face.

"Listen Liam, no one will be lining up anywhere for... me." I say it with such disgust and certainty that it shocks me. I don't even want to go on a date with anyone though!

"Crystal don't say that--" he began.

"Whatever." I interrupted him. I didn't even know I was insecure... That was extreme. I realized in the car that I didn't like the way I looked... And pretty much my personality or attitude. I also realized, I'm really skinny. Like, unattractive. It looks almost anorexic. Oh god, I thought to myself.

I changed the subject back to carnival activities and Liam slipped into it easily.

Now, at the carnival, Liam is like a 5 year old on Christmas morning. "We HAVE to go on this ride! OOOH. This one too!! We need to get a funnel cake later! And we gotta win carnival prizes and- and-!"

"Breathe." I joke.

He looks over at me excitement clear on his face and it's like his excitement is contagious. In no time I'm bouncing around too. "I haven't been to a carnival since I was like, five!" I exclaim.

"WHHAAAAAAATT?! That's a crime!! What kind of parents did you have?"

"I've lived in an orphanage almost half my life." I remind him.

"Oh. Right. Ha ha. Good news is, Uncle Liam would never hold you back from carnivals!" Then he adds, "Mostly because they're one of my favourite things EVEERRRRRR!"

I laugh and we begin our time of amusement at the carnival.

•••

It was amazing. More than that really, I can't put it into words.

We went to a fun house, a haunted house, on a Ferris wheel, we ate funnel cake, we won 6 prizes, and we did so much fun stuff, I would go back tomorrow, hell, 20 minutes from now if he told me we were going.